Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Bruins | 4-2 win | Malkin who? Doesn’t matter we have Heinen

Vegan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++++Jarry

+++Sid
+++Heinen & Zohorna
+Dumo

--Letang. What is wrong dude.
---SHOOT ON 2-on-1s please. The only correct shot/pass decision was Crosby shooting and I'm convinced he only did it cause he was on 499. Erod, Heinen, Zohorna and others all boofed this up.
---ZAR is not an NHL player

-Marchand

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We’re up to a combined 82 games and still 3 goals between ZAR and Simon!

With production like that, you know we’re primed for a championship run this season!

SomeOldDude

May 27, 2016
VA
The Rat is at it again. Hopefully his sits a few games.
Big win to get some separation from the wilcard!

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I saw earlier where he said that he knows how advanced stats do him big favors but he has no idea how they work and I just had to tip my cap to that kind of self awareness.

"He has no idea how they work."

Yah huh. It ain't hard to figure out.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Sid's pass off the boards to Guentzel was absurd, as was his near 500 on the 4-on-4 at the end of the 2nd.

He looks as good as he did in '18-'19. Can't break GCR up. Let's give Malkin/Carter like 3-4 games together at least.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
We’re up to a combined 82 games and still 3 goals between ZAR and Simon!

With production like that, you know we’re primed for a championship run this season!
Those 2 suck ass, but if we continue to get secondary scoring and TJ plays this good come playoff time, you damn skippy hippy, they can make a run this year.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
upload_2022-2-8_21-54-19.jpeg

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Wonderful end to the game :D .
This was one where we had almost all the breaks, and just amazing job by Jarry. Enormous saves, and lots of them, plus making Marchand blow his top completely. 1st star easily.

Best game in a long while from Marino. Good game from Erod's line. Clutch from Heinen.
Better third from Carter and Kappy, but outrageously poor before that.
The 4th line I don't know if we should even talk about. Just outclassed. Boyle and ZAR with 0-10 both on the corsi counter. Not a single shot ATTEMPT made with them on the ice. Hilarious.

Sid's line was good/OK ES given the competition they were up against, which is to say that they struggled but weren't pinned back or - importantly - bleeding chances. They left that to the Carter and Boyle lines. When Bergeron left it suddenly became quite a different matchup.

I give very low odds on "Not a perfect game by any means".... being said by Sullivan in his post-match briefing. He will be right. We will lose most games against Boston playing like this. But the win is nice, and with Caps and Canes losing in regulation, even nicer.

NB: For some reason I was happy that Crosby didn't have an empty netter be #500.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Jarry is a beast, man. And so glad to see Heinan wreck his old team.

Hey Brad, can you smell that suspension coming?

seriously, that little tantrum was just the cherry on top of that win. Absolutely perfect

Reactions: Arkadiusz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad