GDT: | Pens vs Blues | Dec 3rd 1900hrs | Now with more RoboPen!

Our PP will:

• Score a goal

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Give up a goal

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Make someone jump off a bridge

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
How is Ty Smith doing down in WBS and is he a candidate to get called up with Letang’s condition?

I thought he was one of our best defensemen in camp and one of the more offensively inclined ones as well.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Coaches must read the boards here. They were like ughhh we gotta cave and put Rakkell on the top Pp unit finally.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
VtVh0Lk.gif

It's a good thing these things die come Jan. 26.... They are not even being used today... So laugh while you can... @Zirakzigil ....I'll have the last laugh.

Oh, look, caught you on video...

8071defc4140a5e9709257251d56f73e.gif

Death to the Pigeon....
tumblr_ooyvziPVIh1ultu3qo1_400.gif

Let's Go Greatest Logo Ever!!!

lNU4F9e.png

Or... that cringe logo isn't being used.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ugene Magic

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
How is Ty Smith doing down in WBS and is he a candidate to get called up with Letang’s condition?

I thought he was one of our best defensemen in camp and one of the more offensively inclined ones as well.
There is a near zero percent chance that Sullivan would play Smith on his offside over Ruhwedel.

And that's if Letang is even out long enough to put on LTIR and they call up Smith.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Winter Classic jerseys always suck because they always to try to do a super old-looking design to do something different and frankly there is a good reason they stopped designing jerseys like that in the 20's (the 1920's not the 2020's).

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Rakell better score a power play goal very soon because you know Sullisma is itching to put Rust back on the first unit.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Winter Classic jerseys always suck because they always to try to do a super old-looking design to do something different and frankly there is a good reason they stopped designing jerseys like that in the 20's (the 1920's not the 2020's).

One-offs they are totally fine. Plus, it teaches all the original six folks there were actually an original 7. They can deny it all they want. Not that they were anything substantial but they were there.

eo1o9zaf0gtddm84ona4ot3a4dyx0ej.png

Reactions: Al Smith

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Rakell was a great signing and that made the off season for me. He was perfect for Sid and Rust is struggling and has done so before. But he will come out of this and be a hot item again. Letang gets through the battery of tests and see what is what. Smith is a LD who will be here at some point. He give the Pens a PP D and with Letang and Petry that is a deep D as to PP quarterbacks. Blues are kinda in the same boat here as to rebuild to a degree. They won a cup and it seems it is down hill from there. But I expect a tough game tonight. Pens are cap strapped so hope for the best this year and use next years cap space wisely.

Last edited:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Rakell was a great signing and that made the off season for me. He was perfect for Sid and Rust is struggling and has done so before. But he will come out of this and be a hot item again. Letnag gets through the battery of tests and see what is what. Smith is a LD who will be here at some point. He give the Pens a PP D and with Letang and Petry that is a deep D as to PP quarterbacks. Dumo is done here and Hextall can't let sully tell him is a valuable. Move him and his cap if possible. In any event Hextall you have the LD replacement in place for 3rd pairing with Rutta next year.
I've pined for Rakell back when he had 3 years left on his Ducks contract. I'm just thrilled he's working at the level I expected.

Usually you get less than you expect in these scenarios.

Reactions: Rakell67

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I've pined for Rakell back when he had 3 years left on his Ducks contract. I'm just thrilled he's working at the level I expected.

Usually you get less than you expect in these scenarios.
I do remember someone on here talking him up.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
This is good thing in many ways, Rakell is actually great PP player with deceptive shot. Hopefully this will light fire under Rust. When you lose your spot at L1 and PP1, message should be very clear.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
contract was pretty steep, but I don't think anybody had problem with how he played

Part of the reason to like him was the performance and how low his cap was. How many 30/30+ goal scorers can you get for under 4.0? Part of the reasoning his cost was so high on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad