Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | win | Carter: The hero we needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Great game…very impressive considering how they’ve been playing…I’m not gonna get too excited until I see them play this way in all of their remaining games lol

What you rather take this win ending our skid or say we lose this game but Carter gets a season ending injury which you wished for pregame?

I wonder if the Avs will target Carter as retaliation for the hit on Makar or they will be satisfied with merely running up the score.
Please do…running up the score would be better served for them by keeping Carter in the game lol…we can only hope they take Carter out with a high hard hit for which he’s out week to week

Reactions:vikingGoalie and Gurglesons

Attachments

• 1679539749720.gif
    1679539749720.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Well, the Pens hold their destiny again with the playoffs. Let's hope they don't f*** it up again.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
No point to make playoffs as the second wildcard. Either win everything and try some luck vs Carolina or miss the playoffs! No point to face the Bruins. We will see, I guess. Poehling, Archie and O´Connor are very effective bottom6 players with minimal salaries and good play. You need effective and economical players like that. So it´s sad that our bottom6 still somehow sucks even with infusion from these cheap guys.

I liked this game. It´s been a long time. Jarry really helped too.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Great win by the boys. The big boys came to play tonight and apparently Carter can still find the back of the net after all.

The EN sequence was a typical Rust performance, though. Lazily on the ice and not rushing to get back onside that costs Crosby the EN goal, but suddenly remembers to skate hard and hustle when he has a shot at the EN.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the effort real effort was there, swap heinen with Nylander tomorrow, almost no bad position there,
POJ finally with a super solid game, Tanger was great except PP, Fedun and Friedman pretty good, Ruh was bad
L1 was good, Sid was great, Rust can't score...
L2 was solid, reminded me of cup winning L2 kind of threading the water, they just need to score, overall solid, L3 was meh, but Poehling the best, L4 was really really good

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I see DOC as Hagelin-esque. His physical skills make him tough to play against when he is rolling but his offensive skillset prevents him from being a star player.
He's a bigger Hagelin. Not quite as quick, but still a great skater.

Same finishing ability lol

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
Absolutely yes. I was a fan of signing Heinen 2 years ago, but he’s been a disappointment this year after a stellar year last year
Agreed. But archi brings nothing and some hits. Heinen brings nothing and those occasional goals. Lol. Good positionally too.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Remaining games:

Away vs DAL, DET, NJD, DET, CBJ; Home vs WAS, NSH, BOS, PHI, MIN, DET

So, that doesn't look too bad, but given our propensity to play down to teams, I'm not sure what to think.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Vintage Sid, he embarrassed Sam Girard breaking his ankles and throwing him into the next convenient parallel dimension then swirled Georgeiv, stole his lunch money, stuffed him in a locker and called him a nerd.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Big win. So happy with the win after the disgusting posts pregame.

The Pens won but some of you lost.
I did in fact lose my parlay. I'm somewhat disappointed. But I think this is more of a last gasp of a once great team than anything else. Make no mistake this team isn't going anywhere. It would have been better if we lost, not just for me to win some money but for the long term prospects of the Pittsburgh penguins. We're not going to make the playoffs you can quote that.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
What you rather take this win ending our skid or say we lose this game but Carter gets a season ending injury which you wished for pregame?

Please do…running up the score would be better served for them by keeping Carter in the game lol…we can only hope they take Carter out with a high hard hit for which he’s out week to week

Reactions:vikingGoalie and Gurglesons

Call the police!

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The team played well against Ottawa too. Carter scores by being around the net. The top 6 can be a little too perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00