Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs #1 Left Cicle Sniper In the League tweets LINE COMBINATIONS and complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
I AM GOING TO KEEP A LIVE BLOG OF THIS CHAT, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS:

Comment From Billy Madison
Do the penguins need to replace Adams? And Is engellend the answer?

Shelly Anderson:
The feeling among reporters who are around the Penguins regularly is that coach Dan Bylsma is a Craig Adams fan. I don't see him coming out of the lineup. Deryk Engelland has actually done all right when he's played as a winger on the fourth line. He's handled it pretty well in games where he converts to defense for penalty-killing purposes. But is he a permanent answer? I doubt it.

thumb.gif

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Shelly really hasn't thought about much of anything it seems.

Yeah, her answers sound like reasonable conclusions of a casual follower of the team, or maybe a "lower case f" fan. But it's hard to fathom that these are the answers of somebody whose profession is literally to follow the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Shelly really hasn't thought about much of anything it seems.

That was my exact reaction. Every one of her answers is in the form,

"so and so has not been very good but i don't know what other options they would have to improve and so they should keep playing" or

"that's not something I can really answer since I have no idea what you're talking about so I will just give general, vague safe answers a monkey could give" (ie I don't know anything about the KHL players, so I'll just pick Canada, Sweden or the US.. or maybe Russia if those players are actually good... brilliant)

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, her answers sound like reasonable conclusions of a casual follower of the team, or maybe a "lower case f" fan. But it's hard to fathom that these are the answers of somebody whose profession is literally to follow the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Yeah. You would think that there would be some informational osmosis just from sitting in the press box and overhearing what others are saying.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe I just don't understand what the job of a reporter looks like. Shouldn't they know about hockey players outside of the Penguins organization? Shouldn't they know about some players in other leagues to do research so they can write articles on the Olympics? I mean my goodness, what does she actually know?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Comment From Drew
Shelly, have you seen the Pens jerseys to be worn in the stadium series game with Chicago? I kind of like them, but was hoping for more of an old-school twist, what do you think?[/I]
Shelly Anderson:
I saw them on budding male supermodel Chris Kunitz. I kind of like the metallic aspect. Beyond that, honestly, I don't pay a lot of attention to such things. It's all about whether the fans will buy them, isn't it?

It's bad when answering a question about how a jersey looks is avoided. does she have any opinions on anything the Pens do, or is she too afraid to upset the organization?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
At least when Dejan had his chats, he actually gave HIS opinion on lines combos and such. Shelly just goes "well I think Dan likes Adams...I haven't thought much about it because sitting on a plane was really grueling"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
my favorite answer is her 2nd-to-last answer:

"the Pens blew three leads and MAF played great, besides those two, name 1 up and 1 down for the trip"

"The Pens blowing three 2-0 leads is my one down and MAF playing great is my one up"

OKAYOK?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
What sort of compromising blackmail photos does Bylsma have of the Media Creatures that they refuse to really let him have it?

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
Shelly Anderson:
One big down was losing a couple of leads, including a 2-0 lead, in Edmonton. You called the biggest up, the play of Marc-Andre Fleury in Calgary.

I see some criticism in this response, someone alert the front office and get her off the beat.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
What sort of compromising blackmail photos does Bylsma have of the Media Creatures that they refuse to really let him have it?

I'm starting to think that they don't actually have any independent thoughts and just report the pablum that they're spoon fed from the PR Department. How can someone not even answer the question about the jersey which requires absolutely no hockey knowledge?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm starting to think that they don't actually have any independent thoughts and just report the pablum that they're spoon fed from the PR Department. How can someone not even answer the question about the jersey which requires absolutely no hockey knowledge?

Come on, Shelly doesn't have time to pay attention to that.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

pablum?

pablum?

what does someone's virginity have to do with this?

pablum?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

Comment From Dan
Did it surprise you Zatzkoff got the start in Edmonton and not Calgary ?

Shelly Anderson:
No, I guessed it would go that way, but I didn't think it would be shocking either way. The bigger question is, will Zatkoff get a bigger share of games after the Olympic break and into the stretch drive of the season?

Considering the Pens currently have a 17 point lead on the division which could very well make its way into the 20s by the Olympic break.

With 24 games after the break, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zatkoff get 10-12 starts with the load shifting more toward Fleury in April to help sharpen him up for playoffs.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Maybe I just don't understand what the job of a reporter looks like. Shouldn't they know about hockey players outside of the Penguins organization? Shouldn't they know about some players in other leagues to do research so they can write articles on the Olympics? I mean my goodness, what does she actually know?

That depends. The job of a beat report is to write about their team, nothing more nothing less. So unless they're writing about a trade, they don't really need to know anything about other players around the league.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
my favorite answer is her 2nd-to-last answer:

"the Pens blew three leads and MAF played great, besides those two, name 1 up and 1 down for the trip"

"The Pens blowing three 2-0 leads is my one down and MAF playing great is my one up"

OKAYOK?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Not only that, but what other "up" could you have taken away from the trip? MAF played well enough in Vancouver - probably would've like a goal or two back, but did his job and got the win; and he was the biggest reason they beat a very bad Calgary team.

Almost the entire trip was a "down" despite coming back with 5 of 6 points.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I would have been harder on Orpik.

Edit: And asked about Zolsgbgsobsgb down in Wilkes-barre just to see if they'd print that.

There's an idea. Is this chat thing weekly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad