GDT: Pens v Habs | 7PM | Hitchhiker's Guide to Hockey

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012

In many of the larger bandwagon fandoms of the National Hockey League, the Hitchhiker's Guide has already supplanted the great Encyclopaedia Hocktica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly inaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects.
First, it is slightly cheaper; and secondly it has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

Excerpts from the Pittsburgh Penguins section:

This fanbase has — or rather had — a problem, which was this: most of the people who belong to it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with posting on an online message board, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the message board that was unhappy.

The best strategy in existence is "Getting to Our Game". The effect of watching this strategy is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the minds of the Medical Staff as a player fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the Medical Staff had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.

The History of every major Coach tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases.
For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question How can we win? the second by the question Why are we winning? and the third by the question How can we sign more grinders?

In the beginning of the season Craig Adams was re-signed.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of [Adams and Glass] by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all.

Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Glass
Adams-Megna-Engelland

Orpik-Martin
Scuderi-Letang
Maatta-Niskanen

Fleury
Zatkoff

HHGBookDontPanicJ.jpg

Last edited:

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
I always love watching the Pens play the Habs, especially in Montreal, but I won't complain!

I readily admit that I'm a sucker for Subban. While I don't think he deserved his Norris, he's a treat to watch the same way Letang can be at times. He moves surprisingly well given his unconventional skating style, he plays with a ton of spunk, he hits, and he can be a beast in the offensive zone with his one-timer. His game has warts, but man is he fun to watch.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
This GDT is subpar. I don't even know what the lines are!! Mischa what the H E Double Hockey sticks!

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Glass
Adams-Sill-Engelland
(Megna, Ebbett)

Orpik-Martin
Scuderi-Letang
Maatta-Niskanen-Bortuzzo

PP1: Malkin, Letang, Crosby, Neal, Kunitz.
PP2: Niskanen, Martin, Pyatt, Jokinen, Sutter.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Question for my Canadian friends on here- Does TSN have live streaming online? Do you need to subscribe to get it?

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Megna scratched? Aw hell naw, Imma be complainin' bout this all night boys, you won't be able to shut me up.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Good, looks like Emelin is getting scratched for the Habs tonight. Big hitter for them

MT has taken stupid decisions since being the Habs coach, but this one is by far the stupidest he's made. There is no rational explanation, no one can defend this move, no one.

Scratching both Diaz and Emelin to play Murray and Bouillon makes me mad as ****.

Anyway, good game tonight. Hopefully you guys will win 9-0 and MT will be fired immediately after the game. :sarcasm:

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Kunitz-Crosby-Kobasew
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Glass
Adams-Sill-Engelland
(Megna, Ebbett)

Orpik-Martin
Scuderi-Letang
Maatta-Niskanen-Bortuzzo

PP1: Malkin, Letang, Crosby, Neal, Kunitz.
PP2: Niskanen, Martin, Pyatt, Jokinen, Sutter.

Thanks

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
MT has taken stupid decisions since being the Habs coach, but this one is by far the stupidest he's made. There is no rational explanation, no one can defend this move, no one.

Scratching both Diaz and Emelin to play Murray and Bouillon makes me mad as ****.

Anyway, good game tonight. Hopefully you guys will win 9-0 and MT will be fired immediately after the game. :sarcasm:

I would love that. The presser is going to be a must as well :laugh:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

Oh don't worry. Our coach is countering playing one of the quickest teams in the NHL by benching one of our fastest guys in Megna with last second dumpster signing Chuck Kobasew.

That'll learn 'em!!!

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I have to think that Megna is suffering from soreness or a minor setback of some sort. DB isn't THAT obsessed.

Is he?
:sarcasm:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, you really don goofed there. I specifically requested a walrus.

And why should he? They don't play rock paper scissors to see who's on Sid's line until warmups!

No, but he plays that to see if Adams plays.

"Paper, Rock, Scissors"
Dan: *Fist*
"Sorry, it was paper, Adams is scratched.
Dan: I meant scissors, honest mistake.
"Oh ok, you win then i guess"

Happens every game, Dan always wins because of an honest mistake when the real honest mistake is keeping Adams on the ****in lineup! Damn...that mistake!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad