Confirmed with Link: Pens trade Tyler Kennedy... Kennedy to San Jose for 2013 2nd-rnd pick (50th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Rememnber when TK had "negative" value at the trade deadline, but now unsigned hes a 2nd rd pick

OMG, I was losing my grasp on logic with the Calgary fans on the mainboard acting like the should get picks for taking him. One told me that it would actually be bad to hold his RFA rights, because you were stuck paying him the QO, while everyone else was free to offer him less. It was like urban legends hour all the time.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
I don't want to rain on the parade of the 2nd round/Tyler Kennedy Prospect party, but based on the Pens second round history, the Pens will be lucky to get a player who scores half as many goals in the playoffs and plays as hard as TK.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
I don't want to rain on the parade of the 2nd round/Tyler Kennedy Prospect party, but based on the Pens second round history, the Pens will be lucky to get a player who scores half as many goals in the playoffs and plays as hard as TK.

Since Shero took over, there has been Carl Sneep in his first year (which he didn't have much hand in scouting), Kevin Veilleux who couldn't stay healthy, Harrington, who is considered by some to be the best shut down D prospect and it's far too early for Blueger. Not exactly a large sample size. Save the rhetoric.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
Since Shero took over, there has been Carl Sneep in his first year (which he didn't have much hand in scouting), Kevin Veilleux who couldn't stay healthy, Harrington, who is considered by some to be the best shut down D prospect and it's far too early for Blueger. Not exactly a large sample size. Save the rhetoric.

Yes, so far we are 0 for 2, with the potential for 1 to work out, and 1 that we have no idea about. What's your point?

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Yes, so far we are 0 for 2, with the potential for 1 to work out, and 1 that we have no idea about. What's your point?

My point is, Shero has had 4 picks in the past 6 years. Shero has, as it's been well noted, didn't have a humongous amount of input with the 06 draft as he took over not long before, so you cannot pin Sneep on him with any form of legitimacy. You also cannot pin Veilleux's inability to be healthy on Shero. To write off Shero's 2nd round drafting abilities on the basis of two picks, one of which he had no genuine input in, is being negative for the sake of being negative.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

So it was a better idea to let TK walk and not get back anything, right?

Much better use of assets.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
So it was a better idea to let TK walk and not get back anything, right?

Much better use of assets.

Nope it wasn't, but I am saying don't forget Tyler Kennedy, as much as ripped on this board, was a valuable member of this team. Then again, this board is about draft picks and prospects.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Nope it wasn't, but I am saying don't forget Tyler Kennedy, as much as ripped on this board, was a valuable member of this team. Then again, this board is about draft picks and prospects.

Yeah, in 2009. Since he got his two year, 4 million deal, he was awful. He'll likely move to San Jose and recapture some of his old form, but paying 2 million for a healthy scratch when we've just committed a large amount of our cap to 4 players for the foreseeable future is a one way ticket to Philly style financial issues.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

With an artificial drop in the cap and his putrid play this season, the writing was on the wall for TK.

Shero got a nice asset for a guy going out the door.

There is nothing to be negative about.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Cooke - Staal - TK was a great line and came through big in '09. It's pretty sad that all 3 players may be gone this season. Memories. Best wishes to Tyler.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Shero can move that 2nd and Niskanen to get a late 1st to take Mantha, awesome.

But yeah, I'll miss what TK brought to the Pens bottom 6, I hope he rebounds in San Jose, which I am sure he will.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Unfortunately for Kennedy it's going to be a lot harder to find a girl willing to come to his level in Cali than Pittsburgh.

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
I didn't hate TK like many here. He's had some very good stretches here, but it was time to go. I wish him well in San Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad