Confirmed with Link: Pens trade Tyler Kennedy... Kennedy to San Jose for 2013 2nd-rnd pick (50th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Rememnber when TK had "negative" value at the trade deadline, but now unsigned hes a 2nd rd pick

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Good deal. Kennedy suck during the regular season, but he turned it around some in the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Then he's UFA. I learned this from the Letang thread. Karlsson vs Letang.

Huh?

What does that have to do with trade value? Kennedy had 0 years left on an RFA deal and Niskanen has 1 year left on a UFA deal. I don't think one worth more than the other.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I mean there is nothing saying that 2nd round pick will be better than Kennedy but Kennedy didn't have a place here anymore. He was going to walk so the fact we got a high 2nd round pick for him is great.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Indeed, thanks TK and good luck to him.
I just want to be able to post this one final time:

vfxbly.jpg

KeepitinPitt

Mar 31, 2004
Gibsonia, PA
Kennedy is a good player, and I'm going to miss him. I don't understand the hate he gets on here. He's not going to score a lot of goals but he doesn't have to because he brings other things to the table. I get that we had to make room for Letang though, so I have no problem with the trade itself. It's also nice to have our second back considering this is a deep draft. Still, I'll always appreciate what TK brought to the team. Farewell Paperboy. Farewell.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Why did I buy a Kennedy t-shirt (he did score 21 goals the year after I bought it)? Oh well. He'll do well in San Jose. He just didn't mesh well with Sutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad