Confirmed with Link: Pens trade Philip Samuelsson to Arizona for Rob Klinkhammer, conditional 2016 pick

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
tumblr_lrfq9fusql1qm6joao1_500.jpg

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
He likes kitties and didn't get drafted solely on his father's name. How bad can he be?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
a-ok with this. samuelsson would never be anything on this team. injects some much needed size. if shero was here we'd eventually just lose him on waivers for nothing

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I hope he isn't a Western Conference version of Taylor Pyatt. I watch just a few Coyotes games during the season and recognize the name but nothing stands out about him.

penguins2946*

I don't mind this. Samuelsson was never going to get a shot here, and he did nothing to distinguish himself as a NHL option. He was passed up by Dumoulin, Harrington and Pouliot on the depth chart. If this new guy is an upgrade on the 4th line, I can't complain. When healthy right now, it gives us a 4th line of Klinkhammer-Goc-Adams, which isn't bad.

Also, Klinkhammer had 11 goal and 20 points last year, so it's not like he's offensively challenged. I don't think he would look out of place on the 3rd line, and he'd be a nice piece for our 4th line. He also had 11 points in 22 games during the lockout shortened season. Actually, this seems like a very good trade. Not the homerun top-6 wing option that everyone wanted, but this should help our atrocious 4th line a ton.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
Rob Klinkhammer will wear number 20 for the #Pens.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
a-ok with this. samuelsson would never be anything on this team. injects some much needed size. if shero was here we'd eventually just lose him on waivers for nothing
Rutherford put him on waivers before the seasons start, too :laugh: But seriously, I like that we were able to acquire a decent 4th liner without adding an additional contract, so in this regard, moving Samuelsson away can be considered a plus too. That keeps our more important options opened as we are not nearing dead close to the contract limit.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I really don't know anything about this guy, but the 'Yotes fans comments haven't been too encouraging. Looking at their last couple of GDT he's been a healthy scratch. But, he's a big body and more than I thought we'd get for Samelsson, so ...

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
PENS PREDICTOR:

Which debilitating injury will Rob Klinkhammer suffer in the 1st period of Saturday's game? Text the body part to 32623.

One correct predictor will win a chance to skate with Zach Sill and Craig Adams on the 4th line until they themself are injured.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
we need someone in that mold... last night there was no one on the team who would go out and just hit everything that moves to get people into the game. Maybe Klink is like that.

His name was Despres. Guy had like 7 hits in 2 shifts.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I don't mind this. Samuelsson was never going to get a shot here, and he did nothing to distinguish himself as a NHL option. He was passed up by Dumoulin, Harrington and Pouliot on the depth chart. If this new guy is an upgrade on the 4th line, I can't complain. When healthy right now, it gives us a 4th line of Klinkhammer-Goc-Adams, which isn't bad.

Also, Klinkhammer had 11 goal and 20 points last year, so it's not like he's offensively challenged. I don't think he would look out of place on the 3rd line, and he'd be a nice piece for our 4th line. He also had 11 points in 22 games during the lockout shortened season. Actually, this seems like a very good trade. Not the homerun top-6 wing option that everyone wanted, but this should help our atrocious 4th line a ton.

I remember when Pyatt scored 23 goals. This feels like a Shero move all the way.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
PENS PREDICTOR:

Which debilitating injury will Rob Klinkhammer suffer in the 1st period of Saturday's game? Text the body part to 32623.

One correct predictor will win a chance to skate with Zach Sill and Craig Adams on the 4th line until they themself are injured.

My favorite post of the 2014-15 season so far.

penguins2946*

I really don't know anything about this guy, but the 'Yotes fans comments haven't been too encouraging. Looking at their last couple of GDT he's been a healthy scratch. But, he's a big body and more than I thought we'd get for Samelsson, so ...

The entire team was a mess, so I wouldn't read too much into it. He's a big energy 3rd/4th line guy that has excellent corsi stats. He also throws his body around a lot (44 hits in 19 games this year) and he's not lost offensively (pace of 14 goals and 25 points over last 3 seasons).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, pretty much. When he doesn't think he has skill (he generally doesn't, and has brought down scoring lines in the past) and he plays the game hard and goes and battles, he's a pretty good fourth line in this league. I think maybe he just kind of wore down a little in Arizona...too much might have been expected of him...

Sammy cleared waivers already this year and we got a 5th we'll likely never see. We got the two best pieces in the deal as far as I'm concerned. Plus, he sounds kind of German, right?

The key to Klink is just to keep him engaged...he'll go to work on the boards and opposing d-men when he's on his game...when he's not, he's Taylor Pyatt. Either way, it's an NHL body.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64986

From Michael Farkas who, for some reason, covers Dallas for hockey's future.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's always hilarious that people think like this.

Minor trades don't precede big ones, ever.

Unless it's an obvious ploy to make room on the roster or to move money, but regardless your point still stands. I don't know why this is a thing people always say when there's a trade.

Anyways: No problem with this. I never knew why Samuelsson was lumped in with the other guys we have. He really didn't look like he belonged at the NHL level from what I saw from him. Didn't even look like he could shoot hard enough.

For those questioning who we got, they're just looking for NHL bodies. Nothing more.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
His name was Despres. Guy had like 7 hits in 2 shifts.

I can't wait until we scrub off the layer of garbage that Bylsma encrusted Despres' development with. Seriously love the guy's game. Considering this might as well be his rookie year, and all of the detrimental effect Bylsma had on his development, it's pretty impressive he's bouncing back so quickly.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Doesn't kill penalties. I don't see him replacing Adams even when everyone gets healthy. Sill maybe (hopefully).

penguins2946*

I remember when Pyatt scored 23 goals. This feels like a Shero move all the way.

Taylor Pyatt had 23 goals in 2006-2007, which was 7 years before he was claimed. Klinkhammer had that last year. The comparison is absolutely stupid. Klinkhammer also actually uses his size (44 hits in 19 games this year and 168 hits in 72 games last year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad