Pens to play Hawks at Soldier Field next year as part of "Stadium Series"

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
2zveXuc.jpg

Way to ruin a good thing, NHL. Hopefully we get better jerseys this time at least.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Meh.

What's the over/under on number of groin pulls at the game in Southern CA?

ETA: I hope they do it the way they did in Pittsburgh where both the home and away STHs get access to tickets. That was actually pretty fun having a lot of rival fans there.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
The more I look at that the more it looks ****ing stupid. NYR plays two outdoor games in 4 days?

Dodger Stadium? How's that gonna work?

Vancouver and Ottawa? Who gives a ****?

Last edited by a moderator:

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
How are they going to pull off the one at Dodger Stadium? Roller Blades?

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
This past January, it was in the 80s around that time of the year in Los Angeles. That's going to be real fun.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Don't see why people are complaining. It adds more excitement to the NHL. And it helps the cities bring in new fans ...more money, etc. I'm sure the NHL is thinking about the bigger picture and the betterment of the league rather than some fans being upset about too many outdoor games because if takes away from the winter classic.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
this is horrible... how a game that is basically an exhibition game can be used to count in the standings with ice quality that is just plain terrible is beyond me.

I hate these novelty games...

The Rangers get reamed on this deal

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Soldier field in March? ummmmmm couldnt it be like 70something then? Also...once a year was great. if they wanted to do an american and canadian game that would be cool tooo... this = massive uber overkill.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Don't see why people are complaining. It adds more excitement to the NHL. And it helps the cities bring in new fans ...more money, etc. I'm sure the NHL is thinking about the bigger picture and the betterment of the league rather than some fans being upset about too many outdoor games because if takes away from the winter classic.

Well that's the thing. Some of us don't feel it adds any excitement at this point.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Well that's the thing. Some of us don't feel it adds any excitement at this point.

We are already big fans of the NHL, that's why. They need to cater to the casual /non fans ....and that's what they are doing here. We've all been to the cities during the winter classic....and it's a huge event. Why not have more of those to try to help build the game? I don't see the problem.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

I think some people just like to go against the grain. I see validity in the argument of keeping the outdoor event to one game, but saying the winter classic doesn't add excitement is just false. People show up in droves to go to the winter classic. . . I remember a lot of talk on here about the HBO feature, too.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think some people just like to go against the grain. I see validity in the argument of keeping the outdoor event to one game, but saying the winter classic doesn't add excitement is just false. People show up in droves to go to the winter classic. . . I remember a lot of talk on here about the HBO feature, too.

Especially it being in Chicago...gonna be crazy. I go there often anyways, living in Michigan. I'm sure plenty of people from Pitt will make the trip as well. Fun city as it is, add the outdoor game to that and you have a big event for the city instead of your typical march 1st. As I said, don't see the problem at all. It can only help the game, certainly isn't going to hurt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad