Post-Game Talk: Pens suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
+Radim kinda wished we knew what we had a couple years ago

+Eller — not cooked

+MAF—love to see labour thumb their nose at management when management makes dumbass rules

+Hope—this team has so many pieces, goaltending improved, some nice young third pairing D, management that perhaps other than the coaching staff has made good moves, Hope

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
1700889896508.png

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This is from Kan Dingerski article after the game…I agree with this and mentioned this earlier…I’ve never liked the ice times Sullivan doles out to our old players lol

“Center Noel Acciari played 8:25. Matt Nieto played only 8:16. And Jeff Carter played 6:33.

With a 2-0 lead and then a 2-1 lead, shouldn’t the fourth line get more ice time, not less? With Buffalo bringing physicality and trying to unnerve the Penguins’ stars, shouldn’t Acciari be out there?”

Mike Sullivan has many faults this season but thankfully I don't think playing Jeff Carter too little is one of them

Who was the last player to be acquired via trade or FA who winds up better here than they were at their previous organization?
Rakell for sure. Became much more productive here compared to his last few years in Anaheim.

Up until this year anyhow

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I give him a break because he was obviously sick before when he missed practice there last week and he's been slow getting back - and also Reirden is an idiot who thinks the pp problems are apparently on him.

This was a problem even going back to the 2022 season - the Pens had an insane amount of games go to overtime.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Mike Sullivan has many faults this season but thankfully I don't think playing Jeff Carter too little is one of them

Rakell for sure. Became much more productive here compared to his last few years in Anaheim.

Took a year to get the Sullivan stink on him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If JR didn't quit, would he have fired Sullivan by now? Yea probably the season he quit honestly.

This is a pretty unique circumstance where this staff has survived three regimes, which in turn has prolonged their time in Pittsburgh. It's totally over. They play and smell like expired milk.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub

He was great last year, but at best, it's been a lateral move between organizations for him. Had a high of 69 points in Anaheim vs 60 here. Seasons of 33 and 34 goals there vs. 28 here.

Who is the last guy to be markedly better here vs. his past stops? Kessel wound up having a career year his third year here. Is it him?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He was great last year, but at best, it's been a lateral move between organizations for him. Had a high of 69 points in Anaheim vs 60 here. Seasons of 33 and 34 goals there vs. 28 here.

Who is the last guy to be markedly better here vs. his past stops? Kessel wound up having a career year his third year here. Is it him?

Pettersson has developed nicely here.

But yes, the team is largely where it is because of the assets invested into Kapanen, Zucker, Brassard, and Reaves. All of whom are currently elsewhere. Rakell may join that list in 2-3 months.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's cool that Acciari's only notable trait is throwing a buncha hits and he's got 24 hits through 19 games with this team. :laugh: Nice, Sullivan.
He has an uncanny ability of turning role players with bite into vanilla role players who lose that bite.

In a morbid way I'd be curious to see us acquire Tom Wilson only to see Sullivan somehow turn him into a Lady Byng candidate.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
As Mark Madden has said:

-Sully won’t be fired.

-The power play won’t change, and it’s on the players, NOT the coaches.

So don’t discuss these things. Learn to deal with it.
Lol what, why wouldn’t people discuss obvious problems? Because Mark Madden doesn’t like talking about it?

Boo hoo.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Sabres finished the game with only ten forwards too. f***ing pathetic. About as pissed off as I've been all year. Don't even know why I bother since nothing will change. I have no clue what it will take for heads to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad