Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Tristan Jarry : 5.375 x 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
This is a conversation I have with friend who literally don't watch the team but every 25 games and love the likes of Rust/Jarry/Sullivan

So, no biggie if that's you - but seriously - this guy passes the puck to the opposition in a key moment with the season on the line - fails to clear the puck at least 8 times per period, mishandles the puck more than he makes a decent breakout play, lets in backbreaking goals quite literally on about 30% of the teams losses, not a single person can name a single NHL game he's stolen (every NHL starter steals games, even the lower tiered ones), he's hurt all the damned time, he makes excuses....but sure he's north of 900. His stats are about as defining as the Penguins leading the league in hits every year.
Except Rusts piss poor play reflects in his 5v5 stats.

Jarry, for the most part is among the leagues best starters since he overtook the role.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He’s a streaky goalie at best.

His only consistent trait is that he fails when his team needs him most.
60% Quality start percentage in his career. far from streaky. He made two all star games for a reason. He was playing really well and putting up real stellar numbers. I don't get why everyone here is pretending it didn't happen.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
I don't understand how people think Jarry sucks when you look at his numbers.

I wouldn't have signed him to this contract though.
I don't think Jarry sucks. I don't think he can handle the workload of an NHL starting goaltender. He's great at the beginning of the season but tails off hard after the All-Star break.

Can this be fixed? Probably. Maybe they plan on having a better load share with Alex N.

Unless Sullivan decides to run Jarry into the ground then it doesn't matter.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
60% Quality start percentage in his career. far from streaky. He made two all star games for a reason. He was playing really well and putting up real stellar numbers. I don't get why everyone here is pretending it didn't happen.

Do you just stop watching hockey as soon as February starts?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Numbers don't lie. But i get it's easy to just look at one bad year, and a bad playoff series.
You're right, numbers don't lie and it's easy to look at just 2 bad years, so let's look at numbers from 5.

XJ9E5tZ.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Save percentage, GSAA, Quality start%.

Yep. only games after the deadline matter. lol. Not like most the season is played before that.
The cope is insane. Dude we gave him 5 years hours after every other team signed their goalie. Im f***ing out of here man

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry is now the 11th highest paid goalie in hockey. Of the 10 guys above him, 7 had worse seasons than him last year (Gibson, Murray, Markstrom, Binnington, Grubauer and Merzlikins). The only guys who make more than him while giving better results are Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck and Shesterkin.

Am I crazy about the deal? No, but this idea that Jarry is this shit goalie is a fantasy. He's injury prone and has consistency problems, especially towards the end of the season. But the fact is that he constantly gives above average performances year to year in the NHL.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Willing to give him another shot without Dumo playing double agent infront of him and hopefully a healthier/better Letang.

Reactions: tom_servo

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
So here’s how next season goes.

First 3 months, Jarry is pretty good. Probably makes the all-star game. Certain posters tout around how they were right about Jarry.

2nd half of the season comes. Jarry sucks and gets hurt. Same posters complain how we didn’t move on from Jarry.

Source: the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad