Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Tristan Jarry : 5.375 x 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Didnt want him back but with Freddie going back to Carolina, there really was no other choice. Meh.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I can understand settling for him because the market was so thin. But what the f*** has he ever done to deserve that kind of contract

It just means other teams were offering near that amount as well.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The price is right. That is a slightly above average starter's cap hit imo and Jarry is a slightly above average starter.

The Pens need a roster that can win with slightly above average goaltending. That is a tall order.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Sullivan gets his way - again - and puts the final nail in the Sid/Geno coffin.

Worst signing of the last 10 years aint even close.

f***ing awful. 5.3M for a 1B goalie masquerading as a starter. Probably starts the season hurt. Can't win a single game. How the sam F does he get term AND money? Good lord.

I'll allow myself to be upset all day at this - next year I'm just apathetic on the season and won't be watching many games. Shameful way to sink the end of the era. Zero chance you're winning with this guy.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
tristan-jarry-jarry.gif

I’m gonna start watching Pirates games now.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
not the goalie I would have wanted but when he was fit he played pretty well. I thought he looked better than Murray when he was here.
But what choice did we have, we have next to no assets so trading for a goalie was pretty out of the question. He is a starter if he can stay healthy. Now I want a better backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad