Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Frolunda D-Man Lukas Bengtsson

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
At this point I'd care more if they weren't winning. Being a good team and looking competitive will trump a lot of things, and right now they can give current examples of developing at all positions as well. It's a good time to be attracting these guys.

Vessey, think about it.

I've been thinking about Vesey for a while now

it really looks as if we could have a legitimate shot to win the race on that guy, the way this year has gone

could you imagine a top 6 of

Vesey-Crosby-Hörny
Hags-Geno-Kessel

going forward? he'd be a great fit long term

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
He's got a lot of competition now for that last spot, but he might get an extra look in camp because he's a right-handed shot.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
He's got a lot of competition now for that last spot, but he might get an extra look in camp because he's a right-handed shot.

He sure does. I'm trying to figure out who will even be able to play in WBS with all the solid depth signings. Schultz is still intriguing to me, but with DP, Prow and Bengtsson, he's not necessary since it's not unreasonable to think that one of them will be able to take his place (hopefully DP).

Percy, Warsofsky, Ruhwedel, and Erixson all slot in as solid AHL / meh 7 or 8th Dmen.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Amazing the failure to make one move to clear cap space has such a rippling in GMJR lack to be proactive right now. He feels that time is on his side. Plenty of time to make adjustments as needed. The problem is the cost will be higher than resigning Schultz or having room for multiple NHL caliber additions. Signing a number of career minor league Lh D men is not my idea of shrewd roster management.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's mostly Botterill's job to stockpile the AHL. So all Rutherford's done up to this point is put pen to paper on his own contract extension.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
realistically, he starts the year in the AHL, gets used to the NA size rinks and the system we want him to play. If the injury bug happens or someone goes into a slump, we might see him around Christmas for a cup of coffee, more if he earns it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Interview with lukas bengtsson.
not the best translation but I am to tired/lazy to do it myself.
https://translate.google.com/transl...t-malet-var-att-jag-skulle-upp-i-moras-a-lag/

To sum it up, he basically looks back at his career so far, and is very proud to have signed here. He talks about how he believes that he would be a great fit for the team, and could compete for a spot very soon. It sounds like we should be very high on him since he states that we would have signed him even if his knee injury was more serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad