Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Frolunda D-Man Lukas Bengtsson

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Love free prospects. Never heard of him though.

Here's a clip:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This stings real bad. I was guaranteeing the Rangers would sign him, and he signs to a division rival.

****ing Jeff Gorton and the Rangers organization falling asleep at the wheel as per the usual.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Love free prospects.

Indeed.
I love little free surprises like this.

Bengtsson is a defenseman who stands out with his terrific skating ability and offensive instincts. Owns excellent acceleration and agility, allowing him to rush the puck up the ice. Of below-average size, he still protects the puck well when skating. Manning the point on the powerplay, he has a great one-timer and quick decision-making ability. Always gets back defensively, but could certainly improve his overall game, given his hockey smarts.
- Erik K. Piri, EP (2015)

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This stings real bad. I was guaranteeing the Rangers would sign him, and he signs to a division rival.

****ing Jeff Gorton and the Rangers organization falling asleep at the wheel as per the usual.

Do you know him well?
Give us some deets.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
According to Elite Prospects he's a righty 'with his terrific skating ability and offensive instincts. Owns excellent acceleration and agility, allowing him to rush the puck up the ice'.

Interesting.

::EDIT:: Looks like OGBobbyFarnham was adding the same info at the same time :laugh:

Oh, and MOAR Swedes :yo:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Do you know him well?
Give us some deets.

Shoots Righty, Can QB a PP. Very smart with his passes, and can get the puck out of his zone. Good skater.

His numbers in the SHL are similar or better than Stralman's was at the same age in the SHL. I've been projecting him to have a ceiling and be just as good as Stralman is potentially.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Shoots Righty, Can QB a PP. Very smart with his passes, and can get the puck out of his zone. Good skater.

His numbers in the SHL are similar or better than Stralman's was at the same age in the SHL. I've been projecting him to have a ceiling and be just as good as Stralman is potentially.

Thanks man.
I'm finding more here as i google around:

Gaining interest in the scouting community must be 21-year-old right-shooting defenseman Lukas Bengtsson, who has four goals and 10 points as well as a +9 in 20 games while logging nearly 20 minutes of playing time per night. A top-scoring defenseman for the past two seasons in the Allsvenskan, the 5’10â€, 181-pound defenseman has been proving his worth right from the first day of the season.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ftea-top-teams-heading-midseason/#more-131685

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That Agnew comment about 6 Letang's gets funnier and funnier over time. Give us all the undersized PMD's!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For what it's worth, This stings to me personally more as a Rangers fan than the Pens eliminating us from the playoffs.

Take that for what you will haha

Sorry man.
I didn't even know we had a chance to get him.
Internet e-hug comin' your way.

Reading some more.
Looks like he had a knee operation this year and came back to play in the playoffs.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
7 points in 12 playoff games. Adding both him and Ethan Prow helps quite a bit after all the PMDs we've dealt. It's interesting we're stocking up on the right side too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00