Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Forward Oskar Sundqvist to a 3 year ELC

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
It's hard to really say what a "realistic" expectation is for anyone who's not a true blue-chip prospect, but he seems to have a chance to make a solid 3/4th line center with a little size, grit, and two-way acumen. That is of course his ceiling and most would agree that he's a good two years (and may 20-30 pounds) away from this. I'm hoping he will turn out somewhat like Patrick Burgland (but he could just as easlier never play an NHL game in his life).

Actually Sundqvist played mostly RW with Skelleftea this season. He's a big, right-shooting guy good at crashing the net and working the boards. But not a fluid skater and neither a good playmaker nor great at faceoffs. I believe he's more likely to make it as a two-way winger than as a center.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We shouldn't give up on him as a center, though. They are way more valuable than wingers (<<Ray Shero voice>>).

But I'd take either at this point.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Actually Sundqvist played mostly RW with Skelleftea this season. He's a big, right-shooting guy good at crashing the net and working the boards. But not a fluid skater and neither a good playmaker nor great at faceoffs. I believe he's more likely to make it as a two-way winger than as a center.

Very interesting. I did notice him listed as C/RW on EliteProspects. You mention him not being a fluid skater... does that translate to "slow?" How is his acceleration? He looked OK, speed-wise, in anything that I've seen (admittedly very little more than highlights).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad