Confirmed with Link: Pens Sign Forward Oskar Sundqvist to a 3 year ELC

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 57s
The #Pens have signed forward Oskar Sundqvist to a three-year entry-level contract. Story → http://pens.pe/1kSdlW4 pic.twitter.com/cIO0AMcj4j

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/472739590411792384

Sundqvist, 20, spent his first full season with Skelleftea in the Swedish Elite League – the top professional league in Sweden – helping his squad capture its second consecutive postseason championship with six points (4G-2A) in 13 playoff contests in 2013-14.

The 6-foot-3, 182-pound Sundqvist, who was drafted by the Penguins in the third round (81st overall) in 2012, appeared in 51 regular-season contests for Skelleftea, tallying 16 points (6G-10A).

A native of Boden, Sweden, Sundqvist, represented his country at the 2014 World Junior Championships, scoring twice in seven games while helping the Swedes earn a silver medal.

During the 2012-13 campaign, Sundqvist registered 26 points (13G-13A) in 26 games with Skelleftea’s junior team, allowing him to finish as the club’s leading scorer. He also scored his first Swedish Elite League goal in 14 games with the top team.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=721315&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins

Oskar Sundqvist ‏@sundqvist32 11m
Feels great to have sign with Pittsburgh penguins. It still Feels like a dream!

https://twitter.com/sundqvist32/status/472743033575079936

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Good. Now all the drama queens on here can stop flipping out about him not getting signed. :laugh:

penguins2946*

Yes good. Him, Archibald and Zoblin are our only F prospects that I'm excited about.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Yes good. Him, Archibald and Zoblin are our only F prospects that I'm excited about.

I have hopes for Rust as well and Dea might surprise as well. Then there's Blueger and Guentzel down the line.

Nice to get Sundqvist signed. He should be loaned back to Sweden next year and there's a chance he'll get a big role there as Skelleftea has lost several key players from last season.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Waited to the last second but at least they got it done. Has loads of potential. Every time I see him he gets better.

penguins2946*

I have hopes for Rust as well and Dea might surprise as well. Then there's Blueger and Guentzel down the line.

Nice to get Sundqvist signed. He should be loaned back to Sweden next year and there's a chance he'll get a big role there as Skelleftea has lost several key players from last season.

Dea I don't view as anything more than a junior scorer. He's not big with any stretch of the imagination, and he'll get leveled by someone when he tries to dangle around him. Rust is just meh. He's not a bad prospect, but I can't get excited about someone with average 3rd line potential.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dea is at least intriguing. Though I agree that the odds are very much stacked against him.

Rust always struck me as a wasted pick. Unless they have some unique characteristics that set them apart, draft guys that project as bottom sixers/depth either way later in the draft or not at all. Don't take them in the third round. Though obviously he might surprise. At this point... if he actually did turn NHL-quality bottom six material, I'd be thrilled. Because this team's system doesn't even have any of those available.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Archibald, Rust, Zoblin, Sundqvist, Dea, Blueger...

Some interesting guys but not a great group overall. We'll be lucky if one of them becomes a full time NHL player.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oskar the Grouch, don't overthink it.

but his name just makes me think of orange pop.

Who_122149_815821.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder what the plan is for him. I'd let him stay in Skelleftea, and then he can come over to the AHL when their season is over.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I don't see any reason to bring him over next season. He will have an increased role with SAIK and should continue to develop.

YourGM*

Well at least it wasn't last minute... Hahaha that would've been tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad