Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Sens(Monday 7:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The first few pages of this thread are shameful. Even Wigan or Wolverhampton's fans have more faith in their team going up against Man U than we do facing Pittsburgh. Imagine what other teams' fans think of us when they come read this stuff.

The boys have it in them to put up a good fight. We generally elevate (or lower ourselves) the the opponent's level. Let's have some ****ing faith in our team, ffs. They need all the support they can get from us. There's an awful vibe and negativity coming from this fanbase right now.

You can say "I'm just being realistic" all you want as a defense, but we pulled off a big win vs. the Blues. No reason why we can't do it again. This is the NHL. Anything can happen.

Now then,

giphy.gif

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Yeah, I just wanted to take this time to remind people that if you hold the opinion that the flu shot is useless because, "I got a flu shot x years ago and I still got the flu that year," that seasonal influenza is pretty devastating and not your run of the mill "stay-home-and-eat-chicken-soup" type of flu. There's a small chance you'll end up hospitalized or dead.

Obviously not saying you guys are suggesting this, but it's one of the most common reasons people don't get vaccinated. They assume every case of food-poisoning or cold is the flu, and that somehow the shot should protect you against every type of illness you could possibly get during the winter. It protects you against one strain of the virus which is especially harsh. And now you can really skip all the lines: go to the pharmacy, get the shot, and you can continue shopping for hot pockets.

Please, please just get vaccinated.

/rant

THIS.

As a Pharmacy student, I find myself telling people this all the time. Go to your Pharmacy and get yourself vaccinated. If not for yourself, do it for the immunocompromised individuals.

You're protected against certain epitopes on the Influenza Virus but stomach flu is most commonly caused by Norovirus (completely different). That one's just self-limiting, unfortunately.

As for the game...expecting the worst but hoping for decent game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why is this turning into a flu-shot infomercial?

Sens win 4 - 2. Karlsson and Spezza with 3 points each.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
You should really get vaccinated. :sarcasm:

As a medical health professional I have been vaccinated! :handclap:

But with the Jekyll and Hyde behaviour of the Sens I cannot have a completely great feeling going into this game. I'm happy to be proved wrong!! Starting a little win streak would be really nice!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The flu shot is the biggest piece of propaganda. The chance of the flu shot helping you is less than you surviving the cold on your own.

Worst days of my life came after I got vaccinated.. twice. I stayed clear and been healthy for 3+ years except for the occasional 3 day cold once or twice.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The flu shot is the biggest piece of propaganda. The chance of the flu shot helping you is less than you surviving the cold on your own.

Worst days of my life came after I got vaccinated.. twice. I stayed clear and been healthy for 3+ years except for the occasional 3 day cold once or twice.

I'm sorry your experience was not very good, but there's large amount of scientific data that proves otherwise. Also, Influenza vaccine isn't as big of a deal, but people should definitely be vaccinating their kids against more infectious and dangerous diseases (for example: MMR, Hep. B, etc).

I apologize for making it off-topic.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
THIS.

As a Pharmacy student, I find myself telling people this all the time. Go to your Pharmacy and get yourself vaccinated. If not for yourself, do it for the immunocompromised individuals.

You're protected against certain epitopes on the Influenza Virus but stomach flu is most commonly caused by Norovirus (completely different). That one's just self-limiting, unfortunately.

Why is there propaganda about flu shot in here? It's a hockey board. Especially when that flu shot can be harmful (long-term) to otherwise healthy people. One of my co-workers son lost his hearing the day after taking his flu shot.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

That is absolutely a load of crap.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the flu shot for a healthy person, as most people are not affected that badly by the flu. But for someone who is a medical person/caring for or living with a baby or someone who is immunocompromised, the flu shot can save a life. Thousands of people die from the flu each year, and the flu shot does help decrease those death tolls. That said, for the every day average healthy person, the flu may not even be all that noticeable. But as someone who works in a healthcare area -- if I spread something that may be harmless to me but would actually kill a child I work with, how does that look on me?

Do what you want for yourself, and that's fine. But the flu shot is important for many people.

But like Novak said, its not nearly as important as getting your MMR ect vaccines. And sorry for derailing the conversation as well!

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Why is there propaganda about flu shot in here? It's a hockey board. Especially when that flu shot can be harmful (long-term) to otherwise healthy people. One of my co-workers son lost his hearing the day after taking his flu shot.

Permanently, or did he regain it after a while?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Let's just say I didn't bet a coffee on the Sens, but every once a while they surprise us with a win against strong Teams.

May this be one of those nights????? :naughty:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm sorry your experience was not very good, but there's large amount of scientific data that proves otherwise. Also, Influenza vaccine isn't as big of a deal, but people should definitely be vaccinating their kids against more infectious and dangerous diseases (for example: MMR, Hep. B, etc).

I apologize for making it off-topic.

Hep B and the others are at least useful. Countless friends of mine experiences drop in their immune system strength and what-not after getting flu shot. I believe it does save lives but also negatively affects just as much if not more, especially in long-term effectives that are still unknown like Mat says below.

Smh, terrible.

Let's beat the Pens.

penguins2946*

The first few pages of this thread are shameful. Even Wigan or Wolverhampton's fans have more faith in their team going up against Man U than we do facing Pittsburgh. Imagine what other teams' fans think of us when they come read this stuff.

The boys have it in them to put up a good fight. We generally elevate (or lower ourselves) the the opponent's level. Let's have some ****ing faith in our team, ffs. They need all the support they can get from us. There's an awful vibe and negativity coming from this fanbase right now.

You can say "I'm just being realistic" all you want as a defense, but we pulled off a big win vs. the Blues. No reason why we can't do it again. This is the NHL. Anything can happen.

Now then,

giphy.gif

Pens board is the same way sometimes. Even with Sid and Geno, people go into games expecting them to lose. It's kinda sad though.

Good luck today btw. Hopefully it's a good game with no injuries. That last part is huge. Also, awesome gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad