Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Sens, Apr 7

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As an Avs fan, I just wanted to stop by here and tell you guys how amazing it is to watch your team at the moment. They never give up. It's going to be a tough game against the Rangers but I'm sure you guys will figure a way to get it done ;).

You'll be the team I'm cheering for out East. I hope you guys can go on a roll :handclap: !! I'll be sporting my Avalanche-Senators bandwagon avatar starting April 12th !!

Cheers friend!

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Originally posted by Ouroboros

Probably going to need to double shift Borwiecki and Gryba tonight to shut down Crosby and Malkin.

Right on. Good thing they didn't. Might have found themselves in a hole after one period.

BTW: Did you happen to catch who that D man was, blocking shots and clearing the crease for the goalie on the three straight PK's and whose block set up the Senators first goal? Looked strangely like a guy I used to watch at Clarkson. He'd be a much better choice. haven't seen the stats, but any idea how many points 87 and 71 got when he was on the ice ? Any of those PP's don't get killed, not much that happened afterwards would have mattered :)

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I raised my eyebrows when Zibby and Pageau were switched but Cameron's reasoning was sound:

1. He needed Zibby to matchup against Malkin because of his size (and lack thereof for Pageau). Makes sense.
2. He needs to get Ryan going and felt having them face the 3rd line of Pitt was the best opportunity. Makes sense.

Ryan didn't comply with generating much offense, but I think Cameron has sound reasoning for the switch. I thought Zibby did a good job in his role, as did Pageau.

Kids buying into the coach... great to see.

btw - I'm still shaking internally from excitement. Barely slept at all last night. This team. What a group.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wow.....reading a bit of the Pens GDT/postgame thread....what a bunch of spoiled brats!

2 Stanley Cups int eh past 10 years
2 generational talents in Crosby & Malkin
one of the best players ever in Mario
Jagr in his prime, and a list of stars over the years that are as long as your arm.....

....and they're acting like they have the worst franchise in history.

I can't even...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I raised my eyebrows when Zibby and Pageau were switched but Cameron's reasoning was sound:

1. He needed Zibby to matchup against Malkin because of his size (and lack thereof for Pageau). Makes sense.
2. He needs to get Ryan going and felt having them face the 3rd line of Pitt was the best opportunity. Makes sense.

Ryan didn't comply with generating much offense, but I think Cameron has sound reasoning for the switch. I thought Zibby did a good job in his role, as did Pageau.

Kids buying into the coach... great to see.

btw - I'm still shaking internally from excitement. Barely slept at all last night. This team. What a group.

The offence was lacking, but I liked a lot of what I saw from Ryan last night. He's simplifying his game. Was throwing around the body a lot and going into the corners. If he keeps that type of play up, the goals will come back sooner than later.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nice to see how RSU has gone from being mocked to being praised. Some real good work being done by those guys. Can only see things get better for them as the young crowd grows.

Winning will do that, honestly if you like to be loud and cheer it is the greatest spot you can watch a Sens game...the fan interaction alone is worth it! also it is getting much bigger next year.

Last night was insane up there....fitting end to an amazing season fans appreciating the team, team appreciating the fans lol...hope there's more but if not, ain't even mad at all.

Voda

Jun 3, 2006
Wow.....reading a bit of the Pens GDT/postgame thread....what a bunch of spoiled brats!

Jagr in his prime, and a list of stars over the years that are as long as your arm.....

I can't even...

spoiled brats? agreed. most pens fans disgust me, and sadly it's a sense of entitlement due to having so much top line talent on the team...that entitlement seems to resonate both off the ice with the fans, and on the ice too, where this team seems to think 1 period of effort will win them games. it's more frustrating than you can even fathom. however, we have 1 cup in the past 10 years, not 2 ;)

anyway, didn't come here to troll or nitpick. just wanted to say how much I appreciate your team and how they are playing. i'm truly hoping you can get a WC spot because your team could be VERY dangerous if you get in. the youth, energy level, speed and relentlessness your sens play with is admirable. best of luck securing a spot and keeping the season going. i genuinely hope it's at the pens expense. my team doesn't deserve it. yours, however, is poised to make some noise in the SCP if you can get in.

good luck guys.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Winning will do that, honestly if you like to be loud and cheer it is the greatest spot you can watch a Sens game...the fan interaction alone is worth it! also it is getting much bigger next year.

Last night was insane up there....fitting end to an amazing season fans appreciating the team, team appreciating the fans lol...hope there's more but if not, ain't even mad at all.

It also helps that they've really gotten their **** together these past few years. It was pretty poorly organized the first few years while they tried to figure out how best to approach it. But since registering as a not-for-profit they've turned themselves around and made themselves a great asset to the team and a marketing tool to the hardcore fans. Maybe not necessarily super family-friendly, but that's not really their target market.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
spoiled brats? agreed. most pens fans disgust me, and sadly it's a sense of entitlement due to having so much top line talent on the team...that entitlement seems to resonate both off the ice with the fans, and on the ice too, where this team seems to think 1 period of effort will win them games. it's more frustrating than you can even fathom. however, we have 1 cup in the past 10 years, not 2 ;)

anyway, didn't come here to troll or nitpick. just wanted to say how much I appreciate your team and how they are playing. i'm truly hoping you can get a WC spot because your team could be VERY dangerous if you get in. the youth, energy level, speed and relentlessness your sens play with is admirable. best of luck securing a spot and keeping the season going. i genuinely hope it's at the pens expense. my team doesn't deserve it. yours, however, is poised to make some noise in the SCP if you can get in.

good luck guys.

lol, 1...2...still more Cup banners than the Sens have in my lifetime.

I would kill to see the Sens win the Cup just once before I die.

Penguin fans are so damned lucky....Mario, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, Barrasso, Coffey, Francis.......jebus.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I found some Pens fans to be absolutely revolting during our last playoff series against them. They'd pm pictures of Karlsson getting injured, all kinds of nasty stuff.

Stuff I've never seen before from fanbases. Sure, Habs fans can be annoying, but those guys were straight up ass holes.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I found some Pens fans to be absolutely revolting during our last playoff series against them. They'd pm pictures of Karlsson getting injured, all kinds of nasty stuff.

Stuff I've never seen before from fanbases. Sure, Habs fans can be annoying, but those guys were straight up ass holes.

In 2007 I was in Pittsburgh for our playoff games vs. them. I had one fan spit on me leaving the game and then one wanted to assault me while I was eating pizza at a restaurant after the game.

It was a total **** show and a pretty much I remember my first beer type of thing as it was their first time making the playoffs in a long time. Still, I've been to multiple Philly games and was never treated that poorly. Not all Pens fans are bad but based on those experiences I wish them nothing but the worst.

kohorevolution

Apr 8, 2015
Rimouski
Hi Guys! I'm a habs fan and this is my first post on HFBoards. I surprised myself cheering for the sens yesterday! What a game! Great effort!! Seems to me the league does'nt recognize it :shakehead
7wWdcs6.jpg

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Hi Guys! I'm a habs fan and this is my first post on HFBoards. I surprised myself cheering for the sens yesterday! What a game! Great effort!! Seems to me the league does'nt recognize it :shakeheadhttp://i.imgur.com/7wWdcs6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You mean the word caps? I'm pretty sure that is meant as in "sealed the deal" as in put a cap on the bottle. Horrible usage I agree though.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Un freaking real.

What an atmosphere last night. When Pageau scored off the defenceman's skate, it was almost like the crowd knew. There was an instant buzz, I told my wife to hang on, cause the third period would be most likely the best period by the Sens this season. Man, they did not let me down!

Unreal performance to claw back and the crowd was awesome, even at 3-0 there were still loud "Go Sens Go" chants and a general belief.

Definitely top 5 live game for me.

kohorevolution

Apr 8, 2015
Rimouski
You mean the word caps? I'm pretty sure that is meant as in "sealed the deal" as in put a cap on the bottle. Horrible usage I agree though.

Thanks! I tought about it afterwards... I'm a french guy so... You know ;-)

Good luck for the sens, see you in the playoffs !

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hey did Turris get 1 or 2 points last night? Should he be at 62 points?

ESPN has a boxscore where Turris got 2 assists.

My pool needs this point lol.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
So much amazing from last night.

Stone... obviously. Dude's just sick.

Turris has elevated his game, like, 3 levels. He's a horse and a great leader out there. When he's movin', the team energy just rises.

How about that shot by Hoffman? Insane skill to draw that back out of the blocked lane and still pick the corner. He moved that puck 2 feet to get a clear shot. Crazy. That's hard for NHL standards.

Same play, how about the assist by Zibby. Wonderful play for a guy with no hockey sense! Made Crosby (I think) his ***** on the play.

Kinda OT - but Cuthbert absolutely NAILED the calls. He's phenomenal. Ferarro too. Great team, we're spoiled.

The memory of this game will undoubtedly fade if we don't make it, but this has to be top 5 regular season games in Ottawa. That was madness. This was epic. Reminds me of the time Alfie scored in OT to give us the first ever home playoff win. A feeling of pure joy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I can't even...

Least deserving fanbase in the NHL even including Arizona who doesnt go to the games or care about the team.

They would have moved had they not got Crosby, no one goes to there games if they arent a top team in the NHL. All this after winning two cups and having two of the top 5 players to ever play. They drove Jagr out of town... Jaromir Jagr. I was a pens fan as the first game I ever remember watching Jagr scored a hat trick in the stanley cup final he was my guy. But after he was dealt I couldnt have cared less about that franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad