Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Sens, Apr 7

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
That's hilarious. I've watched both goals about 15 times each :nod:

I re-watched the 3rd period when I got home, rewatched the OT twice, then rewatched the highlights from 3 different feeds.

I think that was the best OT feeling (in terms of build up) I've had since the Corvo goal. I remember CALLING Spezza winning the faceoff to Jesus Joe, and man did I go bonkers.

Also, I'll try to find it when I get home (but I can't record), there was a girl in the 3rd period, right before the end, who I could see mouth to her dad "Pageau's gonna get one :nod: "

She wasn't 100% right, but made me smile.

Also, is it just me, or are the Ottawa-borns really playing well down the stretch? Ceci has been looking awesome the last few games.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I re-watched the 3rd period when I got home, rewatched the OT twice, then rewatched the highlights from 3 different feeds.

I think that was the best OT feeling (in terms of build up) I've had since the Corvo goal. I remember CALLING Spezza winning the faceoff to Jesus Joe, and man did I go bonkers.

Also, I'll try to find it when I get home (but I can't record), there was a girl in the 3rd period, right before the end, who I could see mouth to her dad "Pageau's gonna get one :nod: "

She wasn't 100% right, but made me smile.

Also, is it just me, or are the Ottawa-borns really playing well down the stretch? Ceci has been looking awesome the last few games.

Nope not just you, I think they mentioned this on TSN/Sportsnet, how Boro, Methot, Ceci and Pageau all have stepped up big time recently.

The 4 seem to have an extra gear in them especially since the Leafs game

member 248215

I just wanted to say that after the Pens went up 3-0 Hammond looked pretty down about it. During a commercial break he skated over to the bench and started talking to Anderson. I don't know what they said but after a minute or so you could see Hammond loosen up and he was smiling and chuckled a bit. Nice to see Andy work with Hammond and I'm sure it helped him calm down for the rest of the game. Andy also had the hugest smiles when Stone scored that OT goal, you could tell he cares just as much as the other players about these wins, even if he is on the bench.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I had it PVR'd so I watched the entire game again lol. Can't get over how sweet the comeback was and how insane the atmosphere was. Last game that had that kind of vibe that I went to was the ECF game 3 VS the Sabres where Alfie scored the only goal.

One of the most dominant 1-0 games we've ever won

That game was a massacre except on the scoreboard

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I just wanted to say that after the Pens went up 3-0 Hammond looked pretty down about it. During a commercial break he skated over to the bench and started talking to Anderson. I don't know what they said but after a minute or so you could see Hammond loosen up and he was smiling and chuckled a bit. Nice to see Andy work with Hammond and I'm sure it helped him calm down for the rest of the game. Andy also had the hugest smiles when Stone scored that OT goal, you could tell he cares just as much as the other players about these wins, even if he is on the bench.

Yup, these guys support each other. Andy's great that way, from what I can tell.

The Hamburglar seemed to handle 3 goals against a lot better than he handled the goals vs. the Pens and Leafs.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Our number one target this summer should be the LD partner to play with him and we will have a legit top 4.

I don't think so, management will probably wait until one of Wiercioch, Cowen, Claesson, Wikstrand or Harpur eventually secures that spot. They have lots of LD that they have drafted, why wouldn't they try & fill that spot internally? My guess is they could replace Gryba this summer with one of Petry or Franson if either hit free agency. If not, they will probably start the season with what they have & hope all their young defencemen will get better at least until the trade deadline. That way they could upgrade for the playoffs if they are in a playoff race at that time.

IMO they will target a top 6 forward & use the extra assets they have to acquire one without it costing them a player they have already pencilled in for next yr. I think ROR would be a great fit for Ottawa that would instantly add more fire power.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think so, management will probably wait until one of Wiercioch, Cowen, Claesson, Wikstrand or Harpur eventually secures that spot. They have lots of LD that they have drafted, why wouldn't they try & fill that spot internally? My guess is they could replace Gryba this summer with one of Petry or Franson if either hit free agency. If not, they will probably start the season with what they have & hope all their young defencemen will get better at least until the trade deadline. That way they could upgrade for the playoffs if they are in a playoff race at that time.

IMO they will target a top 6 forward & use the extra assets they have to acquire one without it costing them a player they have already pencilled in for next yr. I think ROR would be a great fit for Ottawa that would instantly add more fire power.

You may be right and patience may pay off, but I see 2nd pairing LD as our biggest hole and only Cowen and Wier are close enough to consider penciling in there. I have no idea why people feel we need another forward, our forward group is perfect as is imo and will only get better with guys like Puempel and Prince knocking on the door. ROR would be amazing but he's going to get a 7x7 type deal and I just don't know if that fits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad