Pre-Game Talk: Pens seek to douse the Flames | Sat 3.00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think for him though it might have been less about the money and more about the opportunity. There was absolutely no one in his way in Edmonton.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, but they could offer him more than the Pens or he could view somewhere else as a better fit or want to play somewhere else for personal reasons. There's no guarantee that he's going to cut the Pens a break because they gave a 3rd up for him...especially if they never play him.

Idk, Schultz seems to like the Penguins based on stuff he has tweeted and I don't imagine he'd be treated poorly by the team. If Schultz leaves, I think it would be because another team is offering him more money.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Idk, Schultz seems to like the Penguins based on stuff he has tweeted and I don't imagine he'd be treated poorly by the team. If Schultz leaves, I think it would be because another team is offering him more money.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he would like any team that isn't Edmonton.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
now that the pens are playing well their games are all poorly scheduled for me and root decides to stop showing replays

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I think for him though it might have been less about the money and more about the opportunity. There was absolutely no one in his way in Edmonton.

Absolutely. He was offered the rookie max by at least a few teams but chose Edmonton for the chance to play. I'm sure it didn't hurt that he's from Western Canada either. I remember being confused by the decisions but very much respecting it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, it got him a lot of money :laugh:

But I hope you're right. If he didn't learn anything about only chasing the money, then maybe he's not a guy you want on your team anyway.

I have no idea what conversations have happened, but JR at least seems confident that Schultz will be here next year. If that's based on something we don't know about or if its just arrogance, I have no idea.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Its hard to sit one of the top 6 guys right now so I undertsand Schultz being out

Letang - Obviosuly not coming out
Maatta- Obviosuly not coming out
Doumlin- Obviosuly not coming out
Daley- Obviosuly not coming out

Pouliot- Has been really well IMO, much better than expected
Cole- Has been pretty decent since being benched. Sends a bad message to sit him when playing well

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
:rant: Great just completely ignore what happened last game. Im sure that line-up will work better today. :facepalm:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok so praying to gods worked with Porter..time to do the same for Kunitz.

Here's to hoping Kunitz gets a bad flu and has explosive diarrhea that renders him out for a week and Sullivan sees how good the top 6 is without that anchor.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Either Mike Sullivan is a ****ing idiot, or these are just stock lines that are going to be changed up in the game. There's a reason we started playing well as soon as Kunitz and Hagelin were swapped.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
They literally practiced with the right lines yesterday. I don't get it. It's infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad