Post-Game Talk: Pens season ends 0-4 to the Isles in literally 1 single week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
It's amazing the history pattern of this team:
back-to-back Stanley Cup Finals (91-92, 08-09, 16-17)
then a second round exit (93, 10, 18)
then a first round exit (94, 11, 19)

Can't wait for another SCF b2b trip!
Let's hope it happens before the Crosby/Malkin era is over.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's amazing the history pattern of this team:
back-to-back Stanley Cup Finals (91-92, 08-09, 16-17)
then a second round exit (93, 10, 18)
then a first round exit (94, 11, 19)

Can't wait for another SCF b2b trip!
Let's hope it happens before the Crosby/Malkin era is over.

No kidding. Thats crazy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is trolling lvl 80. Saying this after your team mopped the floor with Pens team with all their stars, experience, accolades and talent. There was only one team on the ice in G2-4.

No offense bud.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I was being sincere. Many Pens fans came over to our board and congratulated us and wished us luck. It’s called humility and sportsmanship. We all have passion and love our teams but it’s just a game.

Fenrir009

May 2, 2018
Don't know if you guys have seen this but as fans of all teams are basically the same I figure you will get a kick out of it.

Painfully spot on. The team did lose its identity but that's also happened organically as the team has aged. Moves need to be made in the offseason no doubt but I also think a new system needs to be implemented that plays to the strengths of a skilled core that just isn't as fast as it used to be.

Reactions: Tweed

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Don't know if you guys have seen this but as fans of all teams are basically the same I figure you will get a kick out of it.

Personally, I can't stand Urinating Tree's douchey-sounding forced-whateverthatis narration voice. I'd much prefer his content if he just talked like a normal man.

Reactions: domaug

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I’m sorry you feel that way. I was being sincere. Many Pens fans came over to our board and congratulated us and wished us luck. It’s called humility and sportsmanship. We all have passion and love our teams but it’s just a game.

What I meant by that was: how can you be serious saying “Islanders and all other teams should learn from Pens’ how to play and win in the SCPO’s” or things among these lines, after the god awful pathetic performance this Pens team head in the 1st round?

That wasn’t personal by any means.

PS Same way that I’m sure it isn’t personal when people call me troll after my frustrated posts here ;)

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Painfully spot on. The team did lose its identity but that's also happened organically as the team has aged. Moves need to be made in the offseason no doubt but I also think a new system needs to be implemented that plays to the strengths of a skilled core that just isn't as fast as it used to be.

I agree with you. I've been saying that since the beginning of last season. We need to not over-exert and tax a gassed, used-up core. I'd be fine with jumping on early 1 or 2 goal leads like we're apt to do, then trapping the shit out of the rest of the game.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What I meant by that was: how can you be serious saying “Islanders and all other teams should learn from Pens’ how to play and win in the SCPO’s” or things among these lines, after the god awful pathetic performance this Pens team head in the 1st round?

That wasn’t personal by any means.

PS Same way that I’m sure it isn’t personal when people call me troll after my frustrated posts here ;)

Because the pens have been a successful team and have a couple of cups within the last few years. Other teams and franchises look to winning successful teams and try and replicate what they do. Obviously you can’t replicate Crosby but there is many things you can learn from a winning team outside of just chalking it up to star players.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
I've actually had no issue with the way Schultz played since coming back. I think not having a steady partner hurt him a bit.

Agreed and especially so considering returning to action following what appears as a broken tibia (the primary weight-bearing bone of the lower extremity).

Fenrir009

May 2, 2018
If the organization does push for a more structured system next season, I'm curious how well the Pens' more stubborn players will buy into it, if at all. I wonder also if being embarrassed the way they were against the Isles has humbled some of those players into being more open to adjustments.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Dumoulin had a torn PCL, McCann had a seperated shoulder (not from Clutterbuck, it was from Komarov), and Rust wasn't 100% when he came back.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Dumo and the PCL injury makes all the sense in the world. I was expecting an injury to Geno or Phil.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because the pens have been a successful team and have a couple of cups within the last few years. Other teams and franchises look to winning successful teams and try and replicate what they do. Obviously you can’t replicate Crosby but there is many things you can learn from a winning team outside of just chalking it up to star players.

You're arguing with the angriest person alive. It's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad