Recalled/Assigned: Pens Recall Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from WBS

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Bobby Farnham's got to be just one more call up away, right?

got to think Scrabbles is ahead of him.

I was looking at the pictures of Children's practice and the Bowling, I didn't recognise most of them because of the call ups.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
got to think Scrabbles is ahead of him.

I was looking at the pictures of Children's practice and the Bowling, I didn't recognise most of them because of the call ups.

One more game and Zolnierczyk has to go back through waivers to go down to WBS. I wouldn't doubt he's seen his last call up for the season given that there are a few younger guys (Kuhnhackl, Uher, Zlobin, Payerl, etc).

We might even seen Thompson or Farnham get a call up.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
One more game and Zolnierczyk has to go back through waivers to go down to WBS. I wouldn't doubt he's seen his last call up for the season given that there are a few younger guys (Kuhnhackl, Uher, Zlobin, Payerl, etc).

We might even seen Thompson or Farnham get a call up.

I thought you could avoid waivers when you're sent back down and then called back up again?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I thought you could avoid waivers when you're sent back down and then called back up again?

Once a player has cleared waivers, they're exempt from waivers for the rest of that season until they have either played 10 NHL games or spent 30 days on an NHL roster (cumulative).

Zolnierczyk is sitting at 9 games and 15 days. If he played 1 more game, he'd have to go through waivers to be sent back down to the AHL. If he cleared waivers, then the counters would reset and he'd have another 10 games or 30 days.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
bobby-dnw.gif

My only solace in all of this is Steigy and Errey having to pronounce some of these names.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Once a player has cleared waivers, they're exempt from waivers for the rest of that season until they have either played 10 NHL games or spent 30 days on an NHL roster (cumulative).

Zolnierczyk is sitting at 9 games and 15 days. If he played 1 more game, he'd have to go through waivers to be sent back down to the AHL. If he cleared waivers, then the counters would reset and he'd have another 10 games or 30 days.

Don't doubt you, but is this new? I seem to remember emergency recalls used to be waiver exempt at one point.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Okay so here's the lineup from what I can tell:

Kunitz-Crosby-Sutter
Jokinen-Malkin-Pyatt (poor Geno)
Glass-Drazenovic-Adams (yikes)
PLLL-Sill-Engelland (at least it looks like a 4th line)

Holy hell is that ugly.

It is amazing how much talent Crosby has around him

That is why there are at least 10 other players more deserving of the Hart.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Don't doubt you, but is this new? I seem to remember emergency recalls used to be waiver exempt at one point.

As far as I know, emergency recalls still exist and are waiver exempt. But you have to send that player down as soon as the designated injured player is set to return, no matter what.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

It's been part of the CBA since at least 2005. There are a different subset of rules and regulations that apply to emergency recalls, such as when they can be made (< 1 goalie OR < 6 defensemen OR < 12 forwards), when players have to be returned, etc.

If a player is on emergency recall those games/days won't count against the regular 10/30 exemption limit, but if they play 10+ games while on emergency recall, they lose their exemption.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
As far as I know, emergency recalls still exist and are waiver exempt. But you have to send that player down as soon as the designated injured player is set to return, no matter what.

It's been part of the CBA since at least 2005. There are a different subset of rules and regulations that apply to emergency recalls, such as when they can be made (< 1 goalie OR < 6 defensemen OR < 12 forwards), when players have to be returned, etc.

If a player is on emergency recall those games/days won't count against the regular 10/30 exemption limit, but if they play 10+ games while on emergency recall, they lose their exemption.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I read somewhere that if Zolniercyzk comes up again and plays a 10th game then he has to go on waivers to go down.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I read somewhere that if Zolniercyzk comes up again and plays a 10th game then he has to go on waivers to go down.

That is correct. He cleared waivers in September so he could be assigned to WBS. Once a player clears waivers, they are exempt for the remainder of the season unless they've played 10 NHL games or spent 30 days on an NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad