Recalled/Assigned: Pens recall D Brian Dumoulin

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
Thought forsure the only positive from Orpik being out would be that Bort would be back in and hopefully prove he's better than Engo. Guess not.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Dan, why u hate Bort?

It seems to become one of these Jeffrey situations. They apparently have no problem playing just about anyone over Bort. Not that I think Jeffrey and Bort are comparable in terms of ability or value or that Dumoulin doesn't deserve to be called up but seriously. He's going to get waived.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dan, why u hate Bort?

Here's your answer . . .

Thought forsure the only positive from Orpik being out would be that Bort would be back in and hopefully prove he's better than Engo. Guess not.

Last thing this coach wants is for his love of Engo to be exposed for the farce it already is . . . well, exposed even more than it already has been in the playoffs and extended regular season action.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd imagine there will be a lot shuffling for awhile. Getting Dumoulin up for his cup of coffee to see where he's at can't hurt. They already know what they have in Bortuzzo.

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
Here's your answer . . .

Last thing this coach wants is for his love of Engo to be exposed for the farce it already is . . . well, exposed even more than it already has been in the playoffs and extended regular season action.
I hate Engo playing over Bort more than I do Dupes with Sid. At least Dupes deserves to be on the team, Engo has no place (as a defenseman, at the very least).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Maybe they wanna use this as an opportunity to see what they have in him. Unlikely we'll ever have to reach this far into our depth chart again this season.

Bort sitting is hilarious, for sure.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd imagine there will be a lot shuffling for awhile. Getting Dumoulin up for his cup of coffee to see where he's at can't hurt. They already know what they have in Bortuzzo.

They do?

They already know that Borts has holes in his game that may or may not be rectified with more regular season experience so maybe he can make a positive contribution in the playoffs, so best to let him watch from the press box. Or, there's no way he EVER could make the type of contribution in the playoffs that Engo makes, ergo no need to give him the experience a la Despres the previous two years?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They do?

They already know that Borts has holes in his game that may or may not be rectified with more regular season experience so maybe he can make a positive contribution in the playoffs, so best to let him watch from the press box. Or, there's no way he EVER could make the type of contribution in the playoffs that Engo makes, ergo no need to give him the experience a la Despres the previous two years?

Yes they do, he's a bench warmer and they know it.:laugh: Not as good as Despres, because he's fat and takes up more butt space.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe Engo is going to forward for Neal.

that would make sense. Engo plays 4th line F, both Bort and Dumo play D.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Jussi - Sutter - Megna
Conner/Scrabbles - Vitale - Kobasew
Engelland - Sill - Adams

Maatta - Letang
Despres - Niskanen
Dumoulin - Bortuzzo

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Also likely that that twitter just doesn't know what they're talking about and he's the 7D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad