GDT: pens/rangs part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
There's a lot of bashing of Sid here, but he hardly got to touch the puck all night. Not once did I see him get the puck with speed, and that wasn't because he wasn't trying. We need to find a way to get him some space and get him the puck with speed. They have too good of defence to be able to rely on Crosby dominated behind the net all the time, we need him to get the puck on the rush, something he couldn't even come close to doing this game.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Hornqvist really misses letang maybe more than anyone. Dig a puck out, get it back to the point, and then have scuderi dump it back behind the net for hornqvist to retrieve again. Repeat ad infinitum

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
We have a chance everybody. This team thinks they are making the Cup finals? Jesus. They might beat us but for portions of the game, but we made them look like **** in their own end AND we got them to whine. I think the Pens can win this series.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
After watching how they played in the 2nd and 3rd period I like our chances Saturday. Rangers can only generate chances off the rush, that's it. The longer we can hem them in their zone the better. Fleury played fantastic given the D situation. Bottom 6 came to play as well.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thought we did pretty well systems wise tonight. See how things go in game 2 after adjustments. The love for Kunitz by the coaching staff is sickening. Just alot of garbage on this roster that needs to be purged.

Sid really just doesn't care it seems. Tries for about a period and then shuts it down.

Based off this game, i'd bench Kunitz and plug in Wilson anywhere.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Even Geno, the only time he got something going was the few times he intercepted it in neutral zone and caught some Rangers up ice.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The plus is that we didn't get blown out and actually looked competitive while looking bad.

The negative is that we lost a winnable game in NY. That's a huge negative.

Pretty much everyone has to be better and Pouliot and Ehrhoff NEED to come back. The movement from the back end was worse than I may have ever seen.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hornqvist really misses letang maybe more than anyone. Dig a puck out, get it back to the point, and then have scuderi dump it back behind the net for hornqvist to retrieve again. Repeat ad infinitum

Nah, Sid misses him the most. When he played with Winnik, Hornqvist and Scuderi, he was literally the only Pen on the ice who could move the puck. He had to do everything.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Having a group of dmen that have no idea what to do with the puck at the blue line is killing this team. Our forwards are fighting an uphill battle constantly.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
If this team can get Ehrhoff and/or Pouliot back for game 2, it's going to be a huge boost. They need a guy that can move the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad