Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Preds - Rinne is Back!!!

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I wasn't expecting to win this one but we had a chance until the dumb Legwand penalties.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Not that I thought we would win against the Pens because we never seem to play well or win against the Pens for some reason but we were at least in it until Legwand had a brain fart w/ his unneeded penalty and swing the momentum back the Pens way and then it just went downhill from there.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Refs should add a penguin logo today. ..

it certainly helps when you have the stupidly ambiguous "distinct kicking motion" rule go in your favor. Not to mention ignoring the pking teams blatant cross-check into the boards simply because they're on the pk.

but eh, but the Predators played crappy enough on their own to earn the loss

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
It doesn't really matter, as the Predators only scored 1 goal, but the third goal was on a crosby trip of Josi. Pretty blatant. Tough luck, but no breaks tonight.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I do think it's unfair that the referee didn't call the Pens boarding call but then called it on Legwand but since when is life always fair. We have had some calls go our way too in games before in the past. Legwand shouldn't have lost his cool, especially when his team was on the PP.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Not that I thought we would win against the Pens because we never seem to play well or win against the Pens for some reason but we were at least in it until Legwand had a brain fart w/ his unneeded penalty and swing the momentum back the Pens way and then it just went downhill from there.

I hope they don't resign his ass.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
That ended badly.

Legwand screwed up and took a couple of dumb penalties. We got lucky that Malkin (of all players) hit the pipe twice. Gave them too many chances, generated too few for ourselves, capitalized on even fewer.

Sucks that we didn't gain ground with Dallas and Winnipeg both losing in regulation. On to the next game.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Crosby tripping Josi on the last goal was about the same as Desharnais tripping Ekholm in the OT loss to Montreal. So sad :shakehead

Given the way they played, they probably still would have lost 2-1, but still pretty pathetic.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Someone said that on the radio they were saying he got the boot for giving the Ref hell about missing the tripping call on Josi that led to the goal. Would of been nice if Pete would of mentioned why, other than saying he got 2 and 10 they skipped over it like nothing ever happened with zero explanation or even a guess. I got so tired of them talking about damn goal posts, seemed like it was 3/4 of their entire broadcast.

Lost a goal because it looked like kicking, to me it looking like he change the angle of his skate, it caught the ice, hopped, hit the skate and went in. I'm guessing the hop is why they called it illegal kicking.

2nd goal on some weird ass play by Fluery that normally would of cost them a goal.

3rd on a no call tripping penalty.

We really didn't play that bad, I just think by the end they were tired of trying to beat the Pens and the league/Refs. Has to be pretty frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
just got home from another Preds 5hit fest. Just painful. I know no one here ever agrees with me, but this team is softer than a burnt smore. No one wins battles along the boards, no one punishes the other team's F's in the defensive zone, or the other team's D in the offensive zone. Battles are won and lost when players are thinking they are about to get clocked, as they do nightly against LA, ANA, SJ, STL... Nashville just puts on the white gloves, and dusts off the tray for you to serve up pucks hot and fresh. Painful.

I hope Poile wakes up tomorrow and George Jettison's some of the dead weight AND/OR decides to do a few guys a favor and give them a shot at something more besides tee time in April. JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!

Pekka was rusty. Brilliant at times, but clearly needed to be hugging the post on goal #1 and was still at AHL speed on goal #2. He'll be fine, and will win (steal) some games down the stretch, but he's saddled with some teammates that just don't really have the physical capabilities to win. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad