GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Great news - unless a miracle happens, this prolonged agony will end today.

Not so great news - apart from screwing over the Sharks, this late push will probably save Sullisma's job.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I will continue to blame sully and Dubas for not firing him. That said screw the Bruins. Just folding like that.
Dubas is awesome, blame the core for wanting Sully around and Hextall for the extension. KD came into an almost impossible situation. He has a big mess to clean up because of others. So far so good, but it'll take time.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Playoffs or not, i'm in peace with whatever outcome.

On one hand, It be cool to see another Crosby run in the playoffs, he did great last time and he let me wanting more. And who knows? anything can happen in the playoffs.

On the other hand, this team really sucks and don't deserve to be in the playoffs let's be honest. This has been a shitshow the whole season and it took 36 y/o Crosby to carry his team on his back into the playoffs race. Without Crosby, this is a lottery team. There's too many unsolve problems that haven't been fix, Sullivan being the coach is my main concern and the real reason why this team is at the state that it is right now. Anyway, if they ever make it to the playoffs, they'll probably get smash in 4 or 5 games and we'll be complaining about the same things over and over again.

And of course, nothing will change if they make the playoffs, cause it would be viewed as a huge success in the eyes of the organisation.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Playoffs or not, i'm in peace with whatever outcome.

On one hand, It be cool to see another Crosby run in the playoffs, he did great last time and he let me wanting more. And who knows? anything can happen in the playoffs.

On the other hand, this team really sucks and don't deserve to be in the playoffs let's be honest. This has been a shitshow the whole season and it took 36 y/o Crosby to carry his team on his back into the playoffs race. Without Crosby, this is a lottery team. There's too many unsolve problems that haven't been fix, Sullivan being the coach is my main concern and the real reason why this team is at the state that it is right now. Anyway, if they ever make it to the playoffs, they'll probably get smash in 4 or 5 games and we'll be complaining about the same things over and over again.

And of course, nothing will change if they make the playoffs, cause it would be viewed as a huge success in the eyes of the organisation.

I feel the complete opposite. They needed to make the playoffs or completely crater.

Making the playoffs meant Sid and Geno get to accumulate more points (bc this team ain't winning a playoff round)

Cratering might have meant Sully was on the hot seat

So now we get neither...

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I feel the complete opposite. They needed to make the playoffs or completely crater.

Making the playoffs meant Sid and Geno get to accumulate more points (bc this team ain't winning a playoff round)

Cratering might have meant Sully was on the hot seat

So now we get neither...

If they make the playoffs, Sullivan will probably sign the first ever lifetime contract :laugh:

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Great news - unless a miracle happens, this prolonged agony will end today.

Not so great news - apart from screwing over the Sharks, this late push will probably save Sullisma's job.
MON probably plays DET hard for their final season home game.

PHI beating WAS is plausible, it would put PHI in a playoff spot (have tiebreaker vs WSH and DET) with a DET loss and PIT loss.

Not all is lost but very unlikely and Pens only have themselves to blame.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Caps win tonight, they eliminate the Flyers, Wings, and Pens.

Caps lose and Red Wings win - Caps, Flyers, and Pens are out.

If both lose, all the Pens have to do is beat the Isles in NY, and they are in.

so you think sullys job was in doubt? :biglaugh:
I keep flashing back to when Lindy Ruff coached the Sabres for a billion years...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am not conflicted at all. Win out. Get in if possible.

Sure, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Pens do of winning another Cup.

But that doesn't matter.

It is a cost free chance. The first round pick is gone. And giving up pick 17 rather than pick 13 or 14 is likely a meaningless difference. But still sounds more palatable to me.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
OR 3-1 lead over CLB, but the collapse at the AVS was brutal, not surprising but brutal. THey squandered a good 10-12 points.
Those 2 points could have made things easy for us. We would need 1 point max. Or none if Det/Caps get a loser point. But nooooooo.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
It would be nice to get in. I think if the Pens get in they would be playing with house money and would be a real challenge for the Rangers.
Would also be nice to see Sid climb the playoff scoring leader chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad