Line Combos: Pens line up and roster talk

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Lets keep the trade talk to the trade threads. Day to day line up and roster talk here please ***

giphy.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

I have to give credit to Sully, ha made some changes to the lineup already, so there's hope he does the same when Peeling/Bonino returns.

I’m skeptical about him scratching Carter because Carter PKs and Sullivan elevates PKing over everything else for bottom sixers lol…between that and FOs and his veteran status, I fear Carter’s replacement level job is safe lol…it wouldn’t surprise me to see Sullivan ice the slowest fourth line in the league if/when everyone is healthy — Poehling-Bonino-Carter

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
So Poehling out in regular jersey for the skate but not in line rushes so probably still not playing…Kulikov absent…

With these 6 D-men these are the ideal combos. I like POJ with Petry, but Dumo sucked with Rutta, so that's not a good option. Plus this is close to the best F lines with these 12 guys.

It's super refreshing to see a lineup that actually makes sense. Too bad we had to wait until the stretch run to get that.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I’m skeptical about him scratching Carter because Carter PKs and Sullivan elevates PKing over everything else for bottom sixers lol…between that and FOs and his veteran status, I fear Carter’s replacement level job is safe lol…it wouldn’t surprise me to see Sullivan ice the slowest fourth line in the league if/when everyone is healthy — Poehling-Bonino-Carter
If you have to describe Bonino you basically have all the attributes Carter brings. PK, face-off, veteran etc. I can see him running a 4th line of Poehling - Bonino - Archibald. Poehling and Archibald bring decent speed and Bonino is what he is. I think this line could work in the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I was playing around with the standings a little bit and I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 3rd in the division ahead of the Rangers. 1st place going to the Devils and 2nd to the Canes. That would be a decent matchup for the Pens especially if Svechnikov is out for the Canes.

Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Carter coming out of the lineup is 0%. Play the odds. Heinen is the only one aside from DOC due to his age haha.
Yes, we have to stab ourselves in the foot before we start playing every hockey game, and give ourselves every competitive disadvantage, by icing Carter for 82 games…lord knows we don’t have enough problems, such as playing defense, lack of finishing, inconsistent goaltending…it’s nice that we can add Carter to the mix lol

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I was playing around with the standings a little bit and I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 3rd in the division ahead of the Rangers. 1st place going to the Devils and 2nd to the Canes. That would be a decent matchup for the Pens especially if Svechnikov is out for the Canes.
Believe that would be a much better matchup anyway but an injured Svech would be icing on the cake.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Now Kulikov is week to week. Sick deadline moves.
Lol…Bonino and Kulikov probably out until the POs…not really upset about it as I didn’t really think they were gonna help us all that much…just depth

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would definitely not want both Bonino and Carter on the same line…if healthy, I’d honestly like to see Heinen-Poehling-Archi because of their speed…I know that won’t happen because of PKing lol…so next best combo imo is Poehling-Bonino-Archi

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
Kulikov kept Letang off the PK, his minutes down and he provided some push back against the Rangers. POJ brings more to the game as he's a good skater and provides some offense.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Been away from tha boardz for a bit, did we win the cup yet?

Also, nobody answered my questions about the giraffe, so i'm assuming most of you are also mystified by these mysterious freaks of nature, just like the late great Sergei Gonchar.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
To be fair the deal was basically a 3rd attached to McGinns collar. Kulikov was just tossed in. We all want POJ anyway.
I like Kulikov as as depth option. I just like POJ better overall. He needs to learn how to line people up better, and improve his physicality. The timing/positioning will come with experience. Wonder how POJ - Kulikov would do together.

Unrealistically, if only we could play 11F and 7D. POJ the 1st 2 periods, Kulikov the 3rd to help the defensive side.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Svechnikov may be out with a torn ACL. I hope the Canes can maintain #1 in the division and us as the WC1. We may have a chance against them. Then let NYR/NJD battle it out. We may be able to take the Rangers in a 7 game series. Then the ECF will be a pure bloodbath...but let's hope it's the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad