Post-Game Talk: Pens/Leafs - They won it for Miro (and Sully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I wonder for those that watch Karlsson back was he always this bad on PP..That was the one thing I was hoping and for some reason thought that would make a major difference...I yet to see him make a good pass on PP or have timely shot...his zone entries are totally aimless...

he wasnt seen as a great pp QB from other teams he was on. He just has a lot of awareness and pure skill to make it work. Kind of like Sid and Geno. They just dont have a guy who excels at the PP. They need someone who can pull the trigger consistently and hit the net with them.

When the pens PP has been good over tee past few years they had that. McCann, Neal even Erod.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'll also add, if the Malkin line scored at ES anymore no one would care that the 1st line was only getting .7 goals/game

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd like to see what Zohorna can do on a scoring line.

I see nothing about Zohorna's playstyle that makes me think he fits with Crosby or Malkin.

On L3 with Eller is the perfect role for him. Don't screw with that just for the sake of trying something else. He and Eller clearly have chemistry and are making up 2/3 of their good 3rd line this year.

With Rakell out, I do not see an argument to run with anything but:

Guentzel-Crosby-O'Connor
Smith-Malkin-Rust
Zohorna-Eller-Harkins/Hinostroza

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It was the first positive thing he did on that line in three games
My big problem with him is that he is much weaker on the forecheck thank Jake is. As big as he is, he needs to be very hard on the forecheck, then you would have something valuable. You can't play his style unless your an uber elite level talent which he's obviously not.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
"I got a primary assist on a line with Sidney Crosby"

Edit : I can't be the only one upset sully took out hino for Harkins. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned
This......but I am prob the biggest haters on Harkins......he's trash.

I also think Hino should have gotten the shot at L1 over DOC. Small sample but 1st on team A/60 and 3rd P/60. So lets bench him.

Reactions: Genetic

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The same reason Zohorna wasn't an NHL player before he, you know, completely changed the trajectory of the 3rd line.
Not remotely the same. Zohorna just needed a fair shot and not get pulled after a bad okay.

Puustinen literally had as good of a showing as you'd want from a young player and he never got a game 2.

Meanwhile Harkins f***ing sucks donkey dick and keeps getting a shot.

No, DOC on L1 and Rust on L2.

Hinny on L3.

Both DOC and Nylander are getting the whipping boy treatment but DOC is easily doing better. Driving play.
Doc doesn't deserve whipping boy at all. Nylander coming into an ice aged cold second line didn't do him any favours at all.

Reactions: Trade

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
My take as a hockey fan...
Fun game. A lot of back and forth. Some animosity. Great saves! If you love defensive clinics, then this was not your game.

Pens take...
+ Jarry: wouldn't have won that one if he wasn't in good form. A bit of puck luck went his way too, which is fine.
+ Glad to see the team not turn into a pumpkin at the stroke of the 3rd period.
+ SH is still great. Love the positioning, aggressiveness, and energy. Leafs PP is nothing to be scoffed at.

----- PP again: if only we could make it respectable. I did see 1st unit did a tad better under Letang vs EK against the Leafs. In the pre-season we had them both. It may make sense to go back to that: Geno/Guentzel/Crosby/EK/Letang

- 2nd line: I think Rakel just passed on the bug to Smith. Oh..and Nylander is pretty much done. Doesn't seem to bring anything to the line.

I enjoyed watching that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad