Proposal: Pens-Hawks

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Letang and Seabrook, cant see that as a fun combination of contract to jiggle around with

Reactions: Skippy73

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Most Pens fans seem done with Letang and ready to move Brassard to wing. Gives them a 3C and clears cap for another move.

Pens are only considering moving Brassard to wing as they're deep at centre (Crosby, Malkin, Brassard, Sheahan, Cullen, Grant)

Reactions: Daveed Diggs

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Most Pens fans seem done with Letang and ready to move Brassard to wing. Gives them a 3C and clears cap for another move.

If a Pens fan was done with Letang, and believed in moving Brassard but not in Sheahan as a 3C replacement, then maybe this deal would make sense if nothing else could be found.

But that's not all Pens fans - I think the majority of those about to comment will disagree with at least one if not both of those points - and even those who are down on Letang hope/believe has more value than that.

Reactions: Riptide

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is a pretty poor proposal

If thats all it takes to get Letang, gotta think the leafs would top it.

Zaitsev
Brown
1st rd pick

Reactions: 99664987

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I'm about as done with Letang as any Pens fan. Any Letang deal needs at least a Schultz-calibre RH PMD coming back (the idea is to sacrifice some of Letang's dynamism to minimize the dumb) plus significant sweetener, and Murphy sure as hell isn't that. Never mind that Sheahan's younger, cheaper, and outproduced Anisimov last year.

This proposal's D.O.A.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Sheahan put up a 35-40pt pace as Pittsburgh's 3C last season before the TD when they acquired Brassard. So even if the plan is to put Brassard on LW, they do not need a 3C.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If Letangs deal expired soon I could see something working as a way to be cutting down cap and contracts.

Theres no aim or reason for the Hawks to be adding long term offensive RDs. That's what 3 of their top 5 prospects are

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t even do this from a hawks perspective. Letangs injury history/decline scares me quite a bit with his contract.

Don’t need another defender making 1d money that we have to shelter. Letang is about the exact opposite of the type of defender we should be looking for. We also have the best prospect pool of offensive RHDs out of anyone in the nhl. No thanks.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't see the hawks being good partners for this, but I wonder what Letang is worth. Specifically what would LA have to give up.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Last thing the Pens need to do is move a defensemen for a center. Letang is still a #1 defenseman and that value is also horrible.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What's your deal with making terrible trade proposals for the Penguins? I honestly think Sheahan is just as valuable as Anisimov is at this point, that's how little I think of Anisimov.

I don’t even do this from a hawks perspective. Letangs injury history/decline scares me quite a bit with his contract.

Don’t need another defender making 1d money that we have to shelter. Letang is about the exact opposite of the type of defender we should be looking for. We also have the best prospect pool of offensive RHDs out of anyone in the nhl. No thanks.

How is Letang a defender than needs to be sheltered? He has been playing against the top competition of other teams for years. That's like saying Karlsson needs to be sheltered.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Letangs decline is exaggerated, he sucked because he most likely did not do his normal summer workouts after his injury. But who knows, maybe he really is as bad as he was last season but I don't think he is, just needed a long healthy summer and go back to his summer routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad