Jul 6, 2018
:hawks

Kris Letang
Riley Sheahan

:pens

2019 2nd round pick
Artem Anisimov
Connor Murphy

This isn't even in the ballpark of what it would cost for Letang alone, let alone adding in Shehan. If you want Letang/Shehan, switch the 2nd to a 1st and add Brandon Saad and then we can talk.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No thanks RD isnt a need for Chicago Letang will only block Jokiharju and Mitchell by the time they jump into the lineup the next two seasons

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This isn't even in the ballpark of what it would cost for Letang alone, let alone adding in Shehan. If you want Letang/Shehan, switch the 2nd to a 1st and add Brandon Saad and then we can talk.

Now you are over valuing

Saad-Anisimov-Murphy is way too much for an often injured letang meanwhile any team that trades a first for Sheehan should have their GM fired

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Let's see, Pens trade a #1 RD and a competent 3rd line centre for a #5 defenceman and a competent 3rd line centre. Oh, and they get a 2nd.

Yeah, no thanks.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Most Pens fans seem done with Letang and ready to move Brassard to wing. Gives them a 3C and clears cap for another move.

Some are "done with" Letang in a sense, but he's way better than the gaping hole this trade would leave on D.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Here is what the hawks should trade for patches , denault, antti niemi,

Anisomov nalimov,Seabrook or murphy

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Chicago is in Cap trouble ,why Take Letangs contract for 7.25 un retained?
Chicago isn’t in cap trouble.
Honestly Chicago doesn't really have anyone that interests me right now.
If you’re not interested in this deal that fine. But between Debrincat, Schmaltz, and prospects like Boqvist and Jokiharu, there’s plenty to be interested in.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Jesus that is awful.

much rather have Sheahan than Anisinov and his deal...

Don't care for a 2nd.

Letang>>>>>>>>>Murphy.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kessel for Saad is about the only major deal between these teams that makes any sense.

After losing Sharp and Hossa, they could use another jolt of offense.

Pens could use another complementary LW who fits their speed game.

Even then 6 mil for Saad is a bit steep especially for the Pens. And Kessel is a few years older so the Hawks would need to be all in the next couple years.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Chicago isn’t in cap trouble.

If you’re not interested in this deal that fine. But between Debrincat, Schmaltz, and prospects like Boqvist and Jokiharu, there’s plenty to be interested in.

So there is - but we just presume they're non-starters as trade pieces unless there's something you really badly need.

I don't see the hawks being good partners for this, but I wonder what Letang is worth. Specifically what would LA have to give up.

Make us an offer. But I'd add that if we're moving Letang, we need to add two top 4 dmen to the roster. Which means we probably need to add one and get the assets for trading for the other in the deal minimum.

Also, I'm somewhat confused as to why LA would want Letang after just re-signing Doughty.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Jesus that is awful.

much rather have Sheahan than Anisinov and his deal...

Don't care for a 2nd.

Letang>>>>>>>>>Murphy.

Agreed i’d rather have guy who has 7 less goals in his total career than the other player has the past two years and one year ago put up a whopping two goals! But that extra 2 mill or so could get your another fourth line plug!

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So there is - but we just presume they're non-starters as trade pieces unless there's something you really badly need.

Make us an offer. But I'd add that if we're moving Letang, we need to add two top 4 dmen to the roster. Which means we probably need to add one and get the assets for trading for the other in the deal minimum.

Also, I'm somewhat confused as to why LA would want Letang after just re-signing Doughty.

Why? Because Letang and doughty would be a great 1-2 combo.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
That's an awful proposal...and to justify it by stating, "most Pens fans are done with Letang" - even if true, what basis does that have for a player's value?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Why? Because Letang and doughty would be a great 1-2 combo.

So it would, but that's also a lot of cap and it's going to take a fair whack of assets to get Letang, and I'm not sure its great enough to justify that.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So it would, but that's also a lot of cap and it's going to take a fair whack of assets to get Letang, and I'm not sure its great enough to justify that.

Based on what top end D are currently signing for I think Letang is a good deal. To make space one of Muzzin or Martinez would have to go the other way but I cannot think of what else LA would be willing to part with that Pittsburgh would find enticing. If the pens were in a tight cap situation or truly wanted to move on from Letang I could see something like Muzzin + 2nd or something. But given I do not think Pittsburgh wants to deal Letang nor needs to I do not see it happening.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Agreed i’d rather have guy who has 7 less goals in his total career than the other player has the past two years and one year ago put up a whopping two goals! But that extra 2 mill or so could get your another fourth line plug!

Sheahan and Artem put up similar numbers last year. Try again

Sheahan also is the better defensive player too

and 2 mil cheaper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->