Post-Game Talk: #Pens #Get #All #Calls Pens - 3, Refs -1 +1, Bruins -2

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
there is no world where the call they made is reality. Just horrible, horrible, horrible officiating.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Colin%2520C.jpg

First star of the game.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Thought D zone coverage was lousy all game. A lot of guys looked like they didn't know what they were doing.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
absolute joke... if you punch a puck with the top of your glove it goes high... if he deflected it with his stick it had to contact it higher than the cross bar because the shot was high. it wasn't a magic puck... that call was physically impossible

penguins2946*

I could understand them saying that the goal was inconclusive in OT, but him touching it under the crossbar? It looked pretty clearly to be over the crossbar. Oh well.

Bortuzzo and Ehrhoff sucked, Bennett and Malkin were great. Downie didn't add much to the top line, but I really liked Perron. Letang was pretty good as well. Crosby made some really stupid decisions. Otherwise, a pretty meh game.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Well, we were much better and should have won this one. The constant shafting by the referees continues but I'm sure that's only because looked at a ref funny today.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I can't believe how low scoring the league is now. Sid is seriously going to play 70+ games and wind up with 80pts if he's lucky

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno + Beau > Sutter + Beau

All season, I've heard Geno will shoot more if he's got someone who can get him the puck. That actually was part of the rationale for Sutter centering Geno.

Well, we finally get Geno a linemate who can get him the puck (and then we put him in the right circle on the PP), and all of a sudden he's shooting the puck.

One other thing: I loved Geno and Perron being in shooting position on the later PP's, but it won't matter until someone screens the goalie. When he's unscreened for both the pass and the shot, it's almost impossible to score there (1 in 100 type proposition). Horny returning will help. Kunitz ******* off will help more.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Meh...a few more losses and maybe GMJR isn't so comfortable with this roster. We still need another top 6 winger with or without Hornqvist.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
****ing joke , that first mcquaid pushes sill into his own goalie and the pens get a disallowed goal , and then they finish it off with a horrible call.
How the **** did the review not see bergerons stick above the crossbar. :handclap:

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
really don't feel like the Penguins "dominated". Yes they got more shots, but just like at the end, they spent stretches of this game too long in their own zone. It is also worrying me that teams are still getting wins against us when they need it.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
+Malkin,
+Bennett,
+Letang keeping the puck in the zone
+Sid for putting in some good work with no reward

-Refs. Stole a clearly legit goal, and awarded what appears to be a bad one to the other team -- and this one on review. Just, wow.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Try watching the damn game.

I did.
Bergeron was his man on the 2nd B's goal and he was coasting in the D zone on the OT goal.

Was he on for the Chara goal?

-2. Zero points.
Dat ain't good enough. Sorry.

Anyway.
There was some good and some bad in this game.
On to the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad