Post-Game Talk: Pens/Flyers - Streaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Considering this is our 6th back to back and that we've played 14 of 21 on the road, we're in pretty good shape, really.
Toughest schedule in the league outside of Arizona probably. December's much kinder.

Last edited:

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Six games ago, I posted a prediction that we would go 10-5-3 in the 18 games that remained between then and Christmas. Now we only need to go 5-4-3 for my prediction to hold true. A much better start than I'd anticipated.
After the Leafs game, the schedule gets easier until Christmas.

It's nice to have Blueger back as well. I hope he never gets injured again.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
75% teams in a playoff position at thanksgiving go on to make the playoffs. We didn’t get into a playoff position until the day after. All hope is lost. :)

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
That was one listless Flyers team, Torts must be fuming, lol. The kind of game you have to win comfortably if you are a contender and we did. The fourth line was awesome, obviously and we probably scored more deflection goals than in the entire previous month. The power play was looking slightly better but still couldn't produce and was a bit too stationary. The best penalty kill in the NHL in November is a pretty nice surprise and has a lot to do with our recent resurgence.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I added the P% ranking of all our opponents so far, doing it multiples times if we played them twice. Divided that by the number of games.
Got a 16.4 ranking. Or to put it another way, on a Penguins JFresh card the strength of our opponents to this point has been the 49 percentile. Almost dead in the middle.

I did this to compare with what's coming up until New Year's. That would be a 13.5 ranking.
Our opponents will get boosted to the 58 percentile over the 15 remaining games in 2022.

The good news that offsets this is how much we play at home...11 of 15. Also, there's only 2 back to backs in December. We had 4 in November.

I get that these standings rankings are constantly in flux, but it helps quantify things a bit all the same.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
That was one listless Flyers team, Torts must be fuming, lol. The kind of game you have to win comfortably if you are a contender and we did. The fourth line was awesome, obviously and we probably scored more deflection goals than in the entire previous month. The power play was looking slightly better but still couldn't produce and was a bit too stationary. The best penalty kill in the NHL in November is a pretty nice surprise and has a lot to do with our recent resurgence.
The Flyers built their team like they were trying to compete in 1997.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
75% teams in a playoff position at thanksgiving go on to make the playoffs. We didn’t get into a playoff position until the day after. All hope is lost. :)
They did have a better winning % than NYR tho, NY had played an extra game at the time.

The Flyers built their team like they were trying to compete in 1997.
I was thinking the same thing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Considering this is our 6th back to back and that we've played 14 of 21 on the road, we're in pretty good shape, really.
Toughest schedule in the league outside of Arizona probably. December's much kinder.
We have played a lot on the road for sure.

However, there are a number of tough teams we haven't played yet. Carolina, New Jersey, Rangers, Isles. Iirc we haven't played any of those teams yet. So there's that.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The second Rust starts not being a pile, this team will be unstoppable.

This place is cursed, he is cursed, Kapanen is cursed, logo is cursed....

Team is cursed until after Jan 25th 2023....
WZNKK3n.gif

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I was only stat watching yesterday and saw the fighting penalties. Totally thought that MP's dome would've exploded after just one punch. Good on both those players though: MP for sticking up for Letang (wasn't even a bad hit) and ND for not murdering MP.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Where did I see it? During the game I suppose? Post game...
They showed a percentage of fringe teams, outside the top 3 in the east, and the penguins were leading with 'i think' 63 ish % of making the post-season.
Weren't they just 30 or 40% from someone posting percentages.... or was that something else.
Still a long way to go. I mean, for fun and chat talking points.... but it's a long ways out...

RSPens

May 25, 2015
One player, especially a bottom six player shouldn't have a major effect on how the overall team plays, but praise the lord or whoever that Teddy got back. The team has been for the most part a defensive rock since he got healthy and have only let in one short handed goal in that time.

The second Rust starts not being a pile, this team will be unstoppable.
Whether he scores or not, isn't as important to me as whether or not he is driving the net whenever he can. He has been driving the net better lately, so I suspect a hot streak in the near future.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Always feels good to crush the Flyers even though they are a bad team who is decimated with injuries. Was nice to watch Pettersson kick that guy’s ass though. I felt a little bad for that guy, he probably didn’t know who the dragon was. Lil Uzi, Blue, and Archibad line looked awesome
They should remember to not "Wake the Dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad