Post-Game Talk: Pens/Flyers - Streaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Always feels good to crush the Flyers even though they are a bad team who is decimated with injuries. Was nice to watch Pettersson kick that guy’s ass though. I felt a little bad for that guy, he probably didn’t know who the dragon was. Lil Uzi, Blue, and Archibad line looked awesome

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
1669433860324.png
The Gladiator

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Marcus Pettersson having 9 points in 21 games is the most shocking part of this season.
I am prepared to eat a big helping of crow on this one. “The Dragon” was the first blue liner I wanted us to dump this summer, before Marino, before Math and his forever contract even.

He looks settled with Letang right now, steady and he’s contributing. Good on MP

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Petts getting it done on the 1st pairing is pretty huge.

Rusty was terrible, but Flyers were too bad/injured for it to matter. PP, same story. Didn’t look quite as bad today, but you have to score once in a while.

Dumo was OK today, but still the weak spot on D. Carter awesome on draws, but really doesn’t look up for much else.

Big up to L4.

Let’s nail the Leafs tomorrow.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I kind of wish Sullivan would put Kapanen in for Heinen. He's just kind of there at the moment and doesn't really add anything to that line. At least with Kapanen there's more speed on that line.

The rest of the lines are fine.
Yup, right on. Heinen has gone cold, and Kap is sitting in the press box. If we’re going to move KK via trade, his value couldn’t be much lower, so no harm if he comes into the lineup and does squat. But if he comes in and racks up a few points, who knows? With McGinn still relatively hot, we could see Kap rack up some points, and have some teams receptive to a 1-for-1 deal.

The one Gurg proposed on the main board, for Christian Fischer, would be great. A big body on a cheaper deal who could find a niche. The niche had Kap has consistently failed to find. Maybe Guerin still holds a candle for him.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yup, right on. Heinen has gone cold, and Kap is sitting in the press box. If we’re going to move KK via trade, his value couldn’t be much lower, so no harm if he comes into the lineup and does squat. But if he comes in and racks up a few points, who knows? With McGinn still relatively hot, we could see Kap rack up some points, and have some teams receptive to a 1-for-1 deal.

The one Gurg proposed on the main board, for Christian Fischer, would be great. A big body on a cheaper deal who could find a niche. The niche had Kap has consistently failed to find. Maybe Guerin still holds a candle for him.
I think Fischer has had too good a start for that to work now.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hopefully we can extract a little revenge on the Maple Leafs from last time out against them. Let's get it done boys!

Our fourth line tonight was stellar! Since Teddy's come back into the lineup it looks like a very formidable and consistent fourth line. Really like what I'm seeing from those guys!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Missed the game, was working. I saw some talk about Fischer? I'm all for getting bigger. We all know it when we were a tiny ass team and it sucked.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Letang is starting to look better lately. Dumoulin as well.

Rust is the only holdout who continues to look like absolute dog shit every night. Need a lot more out of him.

I also noticed Dumoulin looking good today. His skating looked much smoother today than it did last year and the start of this year.

The only concern I have with this team right now is L3, and it’s mostly because Heinen has disappeared recently. He’s not playing bad at all, but he’s kinda just there and not really doing anything. For what they’re paying him, that’s not really a major issue, but he should be providing better.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Yeah Pettersson is lucky to be alive and Deslauriers took it purposefully easy on him IMO.
Did you see the last two left hooks before it was broken up? Those were the most damaging of the brawl, IMHO. I think Des had plenty of malicious intent, as is his nature, but Petterson wore him down a bit, keeping him at bay, barely. Not too many fights that dude has lasts that long standing up. This changes my opinion of Petts, in any case. He knew what he was walking into. Hopefully this will guilt/inspire Letang in continuing to regain the minimum play level this team absolutely requires to stand a chance.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Did you see the last two left hooks before it was broken up? Those were the most damaging of the brawl, IMHO. I think Des had plenty of malicious intent, as is his nature, but Petterson wore him down a bit, keeping him at bay, barely. Not too many fights that dude has lasts that long standing up. This changes my opinion of Petts, in any case. He knew what he was walking into. Hopefully this will guilt/inspire Letang in continuing to regain the minimum play level this team absolutely requires to stand a chance.

Pettersson got his ass kicked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad