Post-Game Talk: Pens down the Blues: Carkins is the new Gladams

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
For as much as I have NOT been a fan of Bourque this year, I think what he said in the post game rang true - they got the 2 points but they won't be sweeping the issues under the rug.

This was the type of game where you just gut out the 2 points, move on, and work on what you know needs to be worked on.

We all know the issues. They were still present throughout the game. The difference was, we got one more goal than the Blues...who suck recently.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Main board wonders if Ovechkin can hit 20 goals this year. Sidney Crosby accomplished that feat no more than an hour ago.

Your Happy Gilmore references check out.

giphy.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
A little luck but glad to secure a victory, need a win tomorrow as well, happy new year!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Nice night of results, generally. Geno coming back to early season form…. helps.
And Rusty getting close to return.

If we can get another W against the Isles tomorrow, we’d be back in the thick of things.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Noice…but Caps unfortunately just got another point at minimum
Not worried about the caps, they're so obviously a bad team and their metrics are crap. Only a matter of time until they sink. It's Philly I'm not sure about - might need to hope they quit on Torts.

Reactions: Andy99

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Not worried about the caps, they're so obviously a bad team and their metrics are crap. Only a matter of time until they sink. It's Philly I'm not sure about - might need to hope they quit on Torts.
Isles and Caps both are going start sinking to where they should be. Flyers are the Flyers so we know what will happen there.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pens are 2 points away from WC2. Even after the nice stretch they've put together, they'll have to win a majority of their next couple games to build any sort of breathing room. January should tell us alot about the team. My expectations couldn't be lower but lets see

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Didn't watch due to family commitments. Nice to see DOC score a goal that took a bit of thinking and skill.

Team is at 6-3-1 in the last 10. Hell, subtract a rancid October where the team took a moment to come together after so many changes, and it's 14-7-4 in 25, good for 32 points and the sort of pace the team needs to push back in.

Whether they can sustain that - whether they can find the extra gear needed to do more - remains to be seen. But credit to a strong bounce back after a brutal start.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, so far, Flyers deserve their position in the standings. It's very surprising but they are playing better hockey than the Isles and MUCH better than the Caps. Caps are no threat. Flyers, I am very confused with.

They got Couts and Atkinson back and they are playing at the same level as when they went down with major injuries.

They got rid of Provorov and Dangelo who were both sieves.

Goaltending was always solid with Hart and Errson is who the franchise believes will be their future starter.

Can't say I expected it, but everything fell right.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
View attachment 793091

.559 and 7th?
The Isles made the playoffs last year as a .567. :laugh:

Pens have gotten 13 out 16 points in their last stretch of games. This objectively a good run.

Before this run (Dec 12th) they were 7th in the Metro.

Currently, after this run of 13/16 points, they are 7th in the Metro.

And they were never really in a hole. Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad