Post-Game Talk: Pens down the Blues: Carkins is the new Gladams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens have gotten 13 out 16 points in their last stretch of games. This objectively a good run.

Before this run (Dec 12th) they were 7th in the Metro.

Currently, after this run of 13/16 points, they are 7th in the Metro.

And they were never really in a hole. Idk.
Other competitors have done better…it’s a fact…sorry to say

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Good win but Karlsson still has not refound his game and Ryan Graves seems to be getting worse and worse. I just don’t see how these players being used as they are is sustainable. Jarry is bailing these guys out. EK is fantastic in transition still but his offensive decision making is not even close to what it was last year or even a month ago.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good win but Karlsson still has not refound his game and Ryan Graves seems to be getting worse and worse. I just don’t see how these players being used as they are is sustainable. Jarry is bailing these guys out. EK is fantastic in transition still but his offensive decision making is not even close to what it was last year or even a month ago.
Don’t worry…Mike Sullivan is working with EK to improve his game…any minute now….

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pens have gotten 13 out 16 points in their last stretch of games. This objectively a good run.

It's a lot tighter now tho. might still be 7th place, but we have o leap frog a lot of teams. And the jump to to that is at least smaller now.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Ehh... the Metro is a paper tiger at best. Everyone in seeds 2-7 is on the same level from my view. NYI and Carolina will fall off (they're just as troubled as us, at best). Devils I expect to take one of those spots. Then it's between us and Philly.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
GCpLU2LWwAAihop.jpg

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Karlsson is Deferring to Much to Sid & Geno, SJ has was the Best player & felt like he had to do it all, Here he is new kid on the block & with Sid, Geno & Letang he doesn't feel like he has to do it all & Deferring to those guys

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

My comment was about the strength of the Metro, nothing more.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Nice game offensively and two points in the bag but bad defensive habits creeping back in does not bode well. In the third you would think the Pens were on a b2b with travel, not the Blues, two times the posts saved us and Jarry was immense.

The rumors of Malkin's demise were greatly exaggerated apparently, I wish the NHL didn't frown so much on players resting for entire games because this probably would have a rather positive effect on our elderly team. Graves was noticeable in a bad way again and you wonder for how long the goalies' stellar play will continue.

Last but not least - a Carter GWG assisted by Harkins proves Christmas miracles are legit.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
My god, they're doing it!

They lost to the wrong teams
1 assist for Harkins in 19 games, how in the world does he still have a roster spot?
Don't forget the SO winner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad