+Engo
+Geno
+Sutter
+DB limiting Adams to only 11 minutes TOI :sarcasm:

-----Orpik
-DB, Orpik 23 min of TOI, Despres 16

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't even know what to say. I missed most of the first, but my God, we didn't deserve a point, let alone two. MAF stole this game, and it's felt like years since I've been able to say that. Hopefully this starts a trend for MAF playing lights out for about... oh, I dunno, three more months? :laugh:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Not even maata could overcome being paired with orpik on that one goal. Can we just launch orpik to the moon. Or some distant place where he is never allowed to hold a hockey stick again.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
+ Fleury
+ Stempniak on Sid's line
+ hanging around despite being severely outplayed, and sticking it out for a win

- D'ohrpik
- Scuds
- being consistently outworked
- horrendous puck management
- gunshyness

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
+ Flower

- Orpik
- Scuds (sorry)

I don't even hate Scuds, but man, you can tell when he or Orpik are out in the ice even before the camera pans back, because our ability to make anything happen in the O-zone or maintain any pressure is non-existent. The worst was watching Orpik and (either Engo or Scuds, can't recall) play hot potato with the puck with AMPLE time and space on the blue line, only to have it end on a bizarre and wildly inaccurate board pass by Orpik. That made me die a little inside.

And my god were we lucky to get this win. We clearly weren't the better team here.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Yes and no. He was good with JJ and Vitale. Not good with Pyatt and Vitale.

I give DB some credit for putting that line together, they looked dangerous all night. Let's see if they get more time.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Matt Niskanen - 27:19
Rob Scuderi - 24:54
Brooks Orpik - 23:03

Olli Maatta - 20:01

Simon Despres - 16:13
Deryk Engelland - 15:10

Adams - 10:59
Goc - 10:53
Glass - 8:18

(weird how they didn't play the 3rd and OT and those were our best periods. No offense, Goc, you seem competent)

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Everything is awesome!

giphy.gif

STLPensFan

Jun 5, 2012
STL, MO
Great win by a brilliant, gutsy coach. Despite mild confusion by the Pens on shootout lineup, they were still able to gut out a win by following Bylsma's shootout lineup card of Oshie, Oshie, Oshie, Oshie, Oshie, Oshie, Oshie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad