GDT: Pens @ Detroit | Hockey Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yeah, no prospect is really impressing here except maybe Jarry and McKegg. I think McKegg will win a spot at 4C. The other options aren't as good

you know we need to stop looking at this expecting them to be great. all we need to find the guys with one particular skill and slot them in a role needed

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
poo poo bad play, if you can't make that play in NHL you are done

That wasn't on Pouliot, that was on his winger for not catching that pass.

I swear, people just single out Pouliot for any mistake they can find. We get it, you don't like him and he's not that good :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Am I watching a different game than everyone else? I've actually been happy with Pouliot's game today. Are people saying he's horrendous based solely on that 1 missed pass and his hooking penalty?

Like Sprong there just had a worse turnover than any turnover Pouliot might have had today and Sprong has had multiple of them. I think I've seen 1 poster criticize him for that.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
That wasn't on Pouliot, that was on his winger for not catching that pass.

I swear, people just single out Pouliot for any mistake they can find. We get it, you don't like him and he's not that good :laugh:

no not at all I zeroed on him cause I want badly to find some good in him. That was an easy play, he waited too long to make a play, he could have skated out with the puck instead of waited on forechecker to close on him

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
no not at all I zeroed on him cause I want badly to find some good in him. That was an easy play, he waited too long to make a play, he could have skated out with the puck instead of waited on forechecker to close on him

He got the pass from Ruhwedel and was under siege from the very second he got the puck. That certainly wasn't an easy play and he didn't have time to "wait too long".

It's hard to compare a F to a D, but I have thought Sprong has been a lot worse than Pouliot tonight, yet I've seen 1 person comment on Sprong's turnovers.

Out of all the non NHL defenders, Summers is the only one that really stood out as anything.

I liked Bengtsson a lot too, personally.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Am I watching a different game than everyone else? I've actually been happy with Pouliot's game today. Are people saying he's horrendous based solely on that 1 missed pass and his hooking penalty?

Like Sprong there just had a worse turnover than any turnover Pouliot might have had today and Sprong has had multiple of them. I think I've seen 1 poster criticize him for that.

He has also been out of position on about 3 plays where the Red Wings got a grade A chance.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He got the pass from Ruhwedel and was under siege from the very second he got the puck. That certainly wasn't an easy play and he didn't have time to "wait too long".

It's hard to compare a F to a D, but I have thought Sprong has been a lot worse than Pouliot tonight, yet I've seen 1 person comment on Sprong's turnovers.

I liked Bengtsson a lot too, personally.

Ahhh I included Bengs as an NHLer. I should have said that. :laugh: He's not NHL ready this year, but he's so damn close. I REALLY like this game.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

yes...and he made the only play he had,,,,,,sometimes the other players need to step it up.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

probably;), I just started 5 minutes ago and he's been awful, did you just see that last play, I really think what I thought all along that this kid lost any confidence in himself, how else to explain this last play, he just froze...

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great shift by McKegg and gang. Sprong is really engaged in the corners. Looks like he's working on that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He has also been out of position on about 3 plays where the Red Wings got a grade A chance.

I have not noticed any sort of rushes that happened because he was out of position. Potential 2 on 1s that get broken up in the neutral zone don't count as scoring chances.

Ahhh I included Bengs as an NHLer. I should have said that. :laugh: He's not NHL ready this year, but he's so damn close. I REALLY like this game.

Yeah I definitely agree. I don't know if he'll be NHL ready this year, but I do think he'll be there next year. Dude reminds me a lot of Dumoulin.

probably;), I just started 5 minutes ago and he's been awful, did you just see that last play, I really think what I thought all along that this kid lost any confidence in himself, how else to explain this last play, he just froze...

How can you say he has looked horrible tonight when you've been watching for 5 minutes?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
lolMR said compete level, how is that possible, bunch of guys fighting for their place on the big time, to impress the coach and they lack compete level?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One thing that pisses me off about Dea/Simon - they are like waiting for the play to come to them and then spaz. They need to just go all-in. Play as if this is the only chance they'll ever get.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
I have not noticed any sort of rushes that happened because he was out of position. Potential 2 on 1s that get broken up in the neutral zone don't count as scoring chances.

Yeah I definitely agree. I don't know if he'll be NHL ready this year, but I do think he'll be there next year. Dude reminds me a lot of Dumoulin.

How can you say he has looked horrible tonight when you've been watching for 5 minutes?

Not on a rush, but off the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad