GDT: Pens @ Coyotes 9pm, Sportsnet Pittsburgh, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfan

May 4, 2009
100% you try a coaching change. Yesteryear.

With regard to a player swap - EK is only 'underperforming' by about 10 points right now. A lot of that could be on the PP. He'd pick that up on ANY other team in the NHL tomorrow - especially Toronto.

But Huberdeau still intrigues me in that his contract is very, very long and he's a playmaker - something we've only ever had two (and now, pretty much one) of. Be nice to see someone dish Geno one timers.

At this point I just want a shakeup that isn't mid for mid. No more Tanner Pearson types (in Smith and Rakell). We still (and have for years) desperately need a defenseman that can lay a genuine timely hit. List goes on, but yeah, coach should go first especially since he seems to control the roster makeup.
By about 20+ points based on last year. But regardless of production, he's not good at all defensively. We're both with the coaching change idea. So I'm certainly willing to give him more of a chance with a different coach. But just looking at EK this year, he's far from great. So that contract and what we gave up for him, that's not looking like a good trade now.

I would be very hesitant in getting Huberdeau. But regardless, I don't think Calgary would be at all wanting EK. I think they're definitely going to blow up their team. An aging d-man doens't make sense for that for them.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I don’t know how Dubas isn’t sacking the entire coaching staff right now.
There isn’t going to be a trade that will set this current team up for success this season. If you have to trade Jake for a second line center and other goodies, do it, but make sure the entire staff is full of new faces with a fresh plan.
Malkin either needs to be moved to L3 or play as a winger.

Also, I think MAF put a hex on all future goalies that wear a Pens uni.

f**king trade Jarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad