Pre-Game Talk: Pens coming to town..... Pens in Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Porter :rant:

Watch, since Plots is RFA one of two things will happen ...
He goes back to Russia, never to return
Or
The Pens don't give him a QO, freeing him up to sign with another team and it comes back to haunt us.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
So here's something I have been thinking... Kessel and Sid certainly didn't look great or accomplish much earlier in the season under Johnston. That said, the team as a whole look about ten times faster and better then last couple of week and Sid is playing pretty well. They've opened things up a bit, and I'm thinking they should get some more time together. The pace they're bringing and the changes they've made, imo, make the time they played together earlier all but irrelevant and it should be tried again.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
if plotnikov was never initially benched he'd be scoring by now

he hit like 3 posts in the first couple weeks because he was playing with bennett. then they benched him. lost since then

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Porter is only here for PK and I can't stand that because killing penalties is the most overrated quality in a hockey player. If that's the only thing you can do well, you shouldn't be playing hockey

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Porter his only here for PK and I can't stand that because killing penalties is the most overrated quality in a hockey player. If that's the only thing you can do well, you shouldn't be playing hockey

Agreed... Pk players are only valuable because they are intelligent but expendable... They are only expendable because they lack skill to be an everyday contributor elsewhere.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
if plotnikov was never initially benched he'd be scoring by now

he hit like 3 posts in the first couple weeks because he was playing with bennett. then they benched him. lost since then

You cracked the code.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't even hate Porter. It's not like he's Adams terrible - he can actually skate and hit a little. He's just a nondescript placeholder, and another in the long list of AHL journeymen who worm their way into the hearts of our coaches so that they always play over our young forwards.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I don't even hate Porter. It's not like he's Adams terrible - he can actually skate and hit a little. He's just a nondescript placeholder, and another in the long list of AHL journeymen who worm their way into the hearts of our coaches so that they always play over our young forwards.

Which young forwards would that be again?

I don't recall the team having any other than Sprong and injured Bennett.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Just arrived to my hotel room in Montreal! first time in Montreal.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015

Porter can hit? I always feel like he is soft as butter. Positionally sound defensively and does not **** every pass up, are the qualities I would describe him with.

Porter :rant:

Watch, since Plots is RFA one of two things will happen ...
He goes back to Russia, never to return
Or
The Pens don't give him a QO, freeing him up to sign with another team and it comes back to haunt us.

Doesn't even make sense. Wasn't the Plots-Cullen-Fehr the 4th line MJ was riding hard for like two games because they had chemistry and pinned opponents in their own zone? There is one of the few combination that has shown something this season and we **** it up in favor of KEVIN PORTER. There has to be someone in the org that values pking very high. Nevermind that our russian superstar center who is a ****ing beast on the pk has not seen time there since pre season.

I will not lose hope in MS over line up decisions, but that **** drives me crazy. And I won't even touch the future selke winner on LW#1. Accountability my ass.

Edit: I actually like to try the second line if you would switch Geno and Sid. Would hurt a lot to see Kunitz destroy our other center too, but Malkin-Horny normally burns the eyes.

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Plotnikov - Crosby - Hornqvist
Perron - Malkin - Kessel
Kunitz - Bonino - Rust
Kuhnhackl - Cullen - Fehr

Porter

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Plotnikov - Crosby - Hornqvist
Perron - Malkin - Kessel
Kunitz - Bonino - Rust
Kuhnhackl - Cullen - Fehr

Porter

Plotnikov Horny is a terrible fit. Change Perron and Plots and we could be fine.

In my opinion Perron is doing fine on Sid's wing. He is not recking up the points but he at least assisted on 3/4 of Sid's EV goals. And no phantom assists btw.
I will sound like a broken record but I really really want to see 57-87-72 again. No guarantee it will work, but it did last season and it is worth a try.

And get Kunitz the **** off the third line. Give the real Kuhn this opportunity (such a dream)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like that they are bringing up WBS kids and giving them legit shots. That's always been the only way to find out what you have. I personally don't think we have much, but am at least moderately hopeful that we can get a spark for a few games from the next batch up call ups.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We just need a guy that proves he can PK to unseat Porter. That might be The Kuhn.

Kuhn could be worse than Porter. I'm not sure why Porter has become some PKing fixture. Cullen, Fehr, Bonino, Crosby, Malkin, ****ingKunitzugh or I guess Plotnikov (?) could all be used. I'd bet that most WBS players could do it competently in front of MAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad