Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps Post Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Rust was and is a good 4th liner, should have been paid as such. 2yr for 2.25mil

Horny too long for too much. Love the guy, but way overpaid and over length. 3yr for 4.25mil

Cullen should have retired or should be playing only 45-50 games with hope.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Caps we're thoroughly decimated in every facet besides goaltending.

But, you knew this one was going to end this way, Pens just have the "try hard but lose" aura about them.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this was the most lopsided game in a long time,

Murray should check Holtby he had over 20 high danger saves...

the only thing drives me nuts is why Oleksiak iced that puck before the goal, why???

other than that did we maybe get 59-87-81 line?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
"Domination" and no scoring once again. 1 ES goal in the last 4 games.

It's almost like the coach is insisting on a bunch of safe guys who can't score in top 9 roles.

Everyone in the top 9 scored just fine last season save Hagelin. So they can score.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Rust was and is a good 4th liner, should have been paid as such. 2yr for 2.25mil

Horny too long for too much. Love the guy, but way overpaid and over length. 3yr for 4.25mil

Cullen should have retired or should be playing only 45-50 games with hope.
You keep saying this, and it's wrong every time. There's just no possible way to defend that statement when the guy is 2nd in the league in ES playoff goals over his NHL career. He's been a 35-45 point pace player each year. You're just incorrect.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Re: Malkin hit.

- Malkin stays in his lane the entire time.
- Oshie swings toward Malkin
- Malkin never lifts elbow.

However.. here is where Pens fans have to be fair. Geno, on the defensive, DID engage and attack as Oshie was coming in. So as @Warm Cookies said - that part was wrong and deserved a penalty. 5 minute? **** no. It is on Oshie to make that avoidable. That was Geno's lane the entire time. Oshie was engaging Geno. Not the other way around.

I agree he never lifts his elbow at all! What do yinz think?

Reactions: lordstanley91

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Just a brutial way to end a game. Pens were the best team by far they just didn't score. HUGE 2 points to give the Caps for free.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the effort was certainly there, but the team isn't performing anywhere near well enough to win games this season.

effort is great and all and it's certainly what they needed, but they need to actually produce. otherwise they're not going to win too many games.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I certainly wouldn't say that after a game they lost and after they've played like crap for the 4 games before. Washington has also struggled this year, too.

You need to draw on the positives. Malkin got tossed on a weak call and instead of packing it in early the team fed off that adversity and kept bringing it to the caps. That's the kind of response that helped this team win back to back cups, and the kind of energy they need to keep building on.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
++++ DeSmith can’t get enough...he needs to be the starter right now

++ Letang and the PK

——-Geno hit and penalty...bless him please

—- having to watch Oshie be the d**chiest of d**ches that ever skated

— Rust the friendly ghost

Reactions: domaug

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Don't care about the result. It's one game in the regular season.

Loved the hustle, effort, and passion.

They'll win a playoff series playing like that every night.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I tire of hearing about the Pens “dominating” or “deserving better”.

They have some of the best players in the league. Best shots in the league. Multiple open nets. Multiple chest snipes.

This is how it goes with this team. They either have everything seemingly go in, they get clowned from start to finish, or they can’t buy a goal. Doesn’t matter if it’s a backup or starter, they will make him look like a god.

Far too many players on this team that basically do nothing but eat up minutes.

Frustration continues to build with the stars and the NJ game and this one made it glaring. After a few years of kind of being able to control their emotions and stay disciplined, they are back to getting punked by opposing teams and losing their shit.

The PP is costing them. Slugs like Maatta are costing them. Sully’s “throw shit at the wall and see what sticks” is costing them. Murray’s poor play is costing them. Phil’s garbage passing and general soft play is costing them.

Something major needs to occur to wake this team the f*** up. Somebody better step up or somebody better be shown the door. This team is a dumpster fire right now.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
1) I liked the starting lines 2 and 3 and when Jake-Sid-Phil went for a spin.

2) Alot of this one was, for me, a jet lagged WSH team that this current PIT squad could keep up with/out skate. Remains to be seen what they look like vs much speedier clubs.

3) Everyone here could just feel the late goal against loss coming. Was just a matter of time. Big time bummer after playing well.

4) When you make a 4th line of Wilson-Cullen-ZAR and Cullen's the worst guy on it vs a non-speedy/jet lagged WSH...might be time to either sit him or waive him. Thanks for the memories, Dad.

5) If Recchi sent out the regular PP1 after the new one scored, he deserves his walking papers.

6) Can't even enjoy the fun ones cuz we still lose/don't pick up any points.

Reactions: Angrrus and Andy99

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
5 losses in a row, IDGAF if they dominated.

I'd rather them get outplayed an win. This is the same team from last year but I'm not lying to myself that they'll turn on some switch come playoffs.

Reactions: Angrrus

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
1-1 game where Pens had double the shots and lost in the last minute and change...

Hard not to focus my ire on Hags. Had two glorious scoring chances... missed a wide open net early... blew a break away.

Just finish one boss, that’s all... just one. Your paycheck demands you do more than skate hard and play responsible hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad