GDT: Pens @ Caps | 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Should be a slobberknocker

Win over the Caps is not only big because of the points and #2 seed, but shows that the Pens current style is going to give the Caps fits in the 2nd round... if the Caps get that far

That is an odd way to spell 'Pens'. You only got one letter right.

As for the talk of the PP above, I really like Daley at the point. If I had a nickle for every time Letang bobbled the puck and lost it out of the zone I would be rich. Daley paired with him back there has seemed to settle him some.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was about to say just this.

Also nice avy :naughty:

Why haven't you adorn one yet?

May I suggest...
Running%20with%20the%20bulls_zpsycuyratk.gif

Kudos on all the work you've done.:handclap:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'd be absolutely shocked if the Caps lost in the first round. The Pens are certainly not guaranteed anything.

Hopefully this game goes a little bit towards planting a small seed of doubt in a potential round two match.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not sure I'm looking forward to a Sestito game. Don't need things to boil over.

I was thinking the same thing.

Though I doubt that he skates a shift.

It is message sending. Basically, the message is Ovechkin if you take runs at our guys we will unleash hell on you and your team.

Ovechkin took a cheap shot and injured Dumoulin putting him out for a couple weeks the last time that we played. He has injured Letang with cheap shots before. I would not put anything past him or some of the other idiots that they have on that team.

ovi1.0.gif

And to be honest I love it. I am getting more and more impressed with Sully by the day.

The message has been sent, and I am guessing received. This is a meaningless game. Keep the stupidity to a minimum and we will keep our thug on the bench.

SlapShot_300Pyxurz.jpg

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
over/under on the number if times Ovy targets Pens knees in this one is 3. what you got?

Again, 0.

I think that the message has been sent, and Trotz is smart enough to make sure that his team remains disciplined and looks to a week or so from now when the games matter. Losing Ovechkin for instance would be the end of that team. Why get involved in idiocy in a meaningless game? For either team?

That said Ovechkin targets our key players, Letang and Malkin especially, every game we play them and tries to injure them.

The message was worth sending.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I think the best team in the league statistically will do whatever they want, cheap shots or no. The notion that we alone decide how the game goes is amusing though. We are demolishing everyone in our path right now so I get the love fest in general, but this is Steigy level stuff guys.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
so many ifs and or's. Just win. Then on Saturday give the younger guys some extra ice time.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think the best team in the league statistically will do whatever they want, cheap shots or no. The notion that we alone decide how the game goes is amusing though. We are demolishing everyone in our path right now so I get the love fest in general, but this is Steigy level stuff guys.

'The notion that we alone decide how the game goes'

Who said that?

I merely said that we are making clear that there would be a response. In my opinion of course.

The Caps can do what they want to with that information.

I merely think that Trotz is a smart enough coach to act in a smart way in response.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I just think the powerplay would be far better if #72 was on it instead of #14

Yeah, putting Daley in took way longer than it should have, but Sully finally fixed it.

But how Kunitz is out there on the first unit is beyond me. Maybe he doesn't want a super watered down 2nd unit which I get, but my solution to that is just leave your first unit out for another 20 to 30 seconds so it doesn't matter.

I'm just tired of seeing 14 out there. At least Gladams usually played about 10 minutes a night. This ****ing guy is the last of Shero's turds that needs to be flushed. Can't ****ing stand him.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Ovechkin's a ****ing joke. Dude is huge Piece of ****. Hope he never comes close to winning a cup. Dirty Scum.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Ovie is a POS but if he attempts knee-on-knee then he's also an idiot. No hit has more of a chance to injure the hitter as much as the hittee. Of course, it never stopped him before so who knows.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
As I said above, it is going to be a whole lot of nothing.

Because I have immense respect for both coaches. If you remember I badly wanted Trotz here when he left Nashville. Sully is proving himself to me more and more each day.

These are two professionals who will keep their players in line.

It was obvious message sending though. The Pens could have called up someone else who could, you know, actually play hockey. Sully made a conscious decision. It is not like reading a James Joyce Novel to read between the lines.

And I know that Trotz is a good enough coach to respond intelligently.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
I still think the ideal situation is to have the Flyers and Caps play each other in round 1. I hope every game consists of alternating 6-0 wins for either side so the other team throws a tantrum like they always do.

It's total garbage but I hope they destroy each other. The league won't do anything about it so attrition it is! :laugh:

Hopefully the Isles go up 4-0 in the 1st tonight. That would be fun to see.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The team has won 13 of 14, the power play is 5-for-11 the last 4 games, the Pens are playing the #1 seed and a heated rival tonight, and 2/3 of the pregame thread is spent *****ing about the power play and Kunitz.

Quite the overwhelming desire to be miserable.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The team has won 13 of 14, the power play is 5-for-11 the last 4 games, the Pens are playing the #1 seed and a heated rival tonight, and 2/3 of the pregame thread is spent *****ing about the power play and Kunitz.

Quite the overwhelming desire to be miserable.

Most of the pregame thread was actually about our calling up Ogie Ogilthorpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad