Proposal: Pens/Canes/Stars Blockbuster

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Got this idea from a mix a few previous threads, and I think all teams benefit.

Pens get: Skinner, Faulk, and Faksa

Stars get: Kessel and Brassard

Canes get: Nichuskin, 2019 1st (Dallas), 2019 1st (Pitt)

Pens get a young, defensively responsible center. Skinner to replace Kessel, and Faulk to really bolster our D. This also allows Sprong to jump in the lineup.

Stars get a stud in Kessel and a top 6 center. They could theoretically ice a Benn-Seguin-Kessel line which would be something.

Canes get 2 1st’s and a young scorer in Nichuskin to replace Skinner. Not sure what Faulks value would be but I think their RHD side is set and this is a pretty good haul.

A lot of players moving so a trade like this is unlikely to happen but how’s the value.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Brassard and Faksa are decently even, maybe slightly leaned toward Faksa.

So that means Nuke + 1st becomes Kessel?

Sign me up as a Dallas fan.

Canes lose this deal pretty badly IMO. Pittsburgh comes out pretty well.

More needs to be going to Carolina.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes have a top-5 prospect pool in quality and depth. They don’t need additional late 1sts at the cost of two decent roster players. Nichushkin doesn’t add much incentive and I doubt he’d be happy about an immediate move given his history.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Canes gives up 2 quality assets and get nothing.
Y
If Skinner and Faulk go, Canes should expect a top quality center is coming back, Pittsburg got any?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
How exactly does this help the Canes win now?

That's the goal...put a playoff team on the ice this season and position ourselves to knock Pittsburgh and Washington off the top of our division within the next couple years on our way to Cup contenders.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Given Nichushkin's situation I wouldn't assume he would accept a trade no matter what's in his contract. I also agree with a previous poster - I don't see why Pittsburgh would go for Faulk with Letang, Schultz and now Oleksiak all under contract.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm not sure about giving up Kessel, but Skinner and Faulk would be good assets to have. Faulk may beat out Ruhwedel, but maybe adjusting this trade would help:

Pens get: Justin Williams, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, & Hanzal

Stars get: Hagelin & Brassard

Canes get: Nichushkin, 2019 1st (Dallas), 2019 1st (Pitt), & Faksa

I'm not really good at creating trade proposals, but this may or may not be better or worse.

This is dreadful for Dallas now. The only piece I have interest in from the Penguins is Kessel. Brassard is nice but not entirely necessary and not for that price. This also makes Tyler Pitlick our 2nd best RW while not improving us at left wing at all. Hurts more than helps. Also makes us older in the process

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I'm not sure about giving up Kessel, but Skinner and Faulk would be good assets to have. Faulk may beat out Ruhwedel, but maybe adjusting this trade would help:

Pens get: Justin Williams, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, & Hanzal

Stars get: Hagelin & Brassard

Canes get: Nichushkin, 2019 1st (Dallas), 2019 1st (Pitt), & Faksa

I'm not really good at creating trade proposals, but this may or may not be better or worse.

Indeed.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
This is dreadful for Dallas now. The only piece I have interest in from the Penguins is Kessel. Brassard is nice but not entirely necessary and not for that price. This also makes Tyler Pitlick our 2nd best RW while not improving us at left wing at all. Hurts more than helps. Also makes us older in the process
The Penguins probably wouldn't give up Hornqvist, but would that be slightly better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad