GDT: Pens @ Bruins Part 2

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Not sure they are "ready" but when you put them up vs. Soup or a Gagne it's just night and day...we've been trained to just not appreciate the skill set these guys have...they are like marchands I'd say...just super skill levels...we've been brought up on pluggers with this team..grinders...

Bruins need to go all in on this skill thing if that's what they are trying to do. So few guys on this team CREATE....guys like these two do.

---Might be. But you need balance and Edmonton is the best example.

You can<t bring them all. When Healthy, there is a spot open on the right side. Koko is centering and 88 is a natural right hand .

Your right this is real young but that is a privilege injuries to key player offers to the Bruins. See there kid at NHL level.

For me the right spot if no moves are done will be between Koko or 88. only how I feel it .. not science:)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That was just a sick play from two guys that will burn you if you give them the chance, and we did.

Shows you how tight we were defensively that we didn't even let them smell it in 2013. We have to get it back.

Don't be too discouraged, folks.

Undermanned & overall, the Bruins played very well tonight. You could see "the system" at work. And, they got a point. How bad would you feel if they put in that kind of effort, only to lose in regulation?

They can beat the Peg. The brutal stuff comes in California. I'm not expecting much from that bit at all.

So, hang in & hang on. That's '14-'15 thus far.

PS To the "Fire Julien" crowd: Is he perfect? No. Are you? Claude Julien can coach kids, veterans, this guy with his stuff, that guy with *his* stuff.

Julien is a defense first coach (my kind of coach), and in the past, he's been reluctant to change lines. Or make in game changes. This year, of necessity, he's juggled lines & proven himself flexible. He's been reasonably creative (I keep plugging the Lucic Soda Loui line), and he appears to place his players "in a position to succeed." He did that with Pasta late in the game, for example.

I trust Claude Julien. Not blindly, but he's earned it.

Again, for all of those who want something else, look at his record. And remember what it was like before he arrived.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
i dont think we have the d or offense when healthy.
maybe get out of round 1.
we need a trade

I think the D will be just fine when healthy, sure not as powerful as in previous years but definitely not the big issue.

Biggest issue is 1 or 2 missing pieces on offense.

Bruins need the gifted scorers, even if it comes at giving way to some defensive liability.

Goes against the system a bit.....but......

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I think the D will be just fine when healthy, sure not as powerful as in previous years but definitely not the big issue.

Bruins need the gifted scorers, even if it comes at giving way to some defensive liability.

Goes against the system a bit.....but......[/QUOTE]

This is not the Bruins way. Bring skill and be part of the defence system. Still believe in this.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

Undermanned & overall, the Bruins played very well tonight. You could see "the system" at work. And, they got a point. How bad would you feel if they put in that kind of effort, only to lose in regulation?

They can beat the Peg. The brutal stuff comes in California. I'm not expecting much from that bit at all.

PS To the "Fire Julien" crowd: Is he perfect? No. Are you? Claude Julien can coach kids, veterans, this guy with his stuff, that guy with *his* stuff.

Julien is a defense first coach (my kind of coach), and in the past, he's been reluctant to change lines. Or make in game changes. This year, of necessity, he's juggled lines & proven himself flexible. He's been reasonably creative (I keep plugging the Lucic Soda Loui line), and he appears to place his players "in a position to succeed." He did that with Pasta late in the game, for example.

Again, for all of those who want something else, look at his record. And remember what it was like before he arrived.

Fine time to come out with this after he does it for the first time. :shakehead

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
This is not the Bruins way. Bring skill and be part of the defence system. Still believe in this.

Understood, I feel the same way.

I am speaking more about pushing it a bit.

Bring the offensively gifted players in and let them ease into the system instead of choking away the natural scoring ability they have from the get go.

At least see how it pans out for a while.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Goes against the system a bit.....but......

the d sucks.
in a 7 game series against a good team we are screwed.
no boychuk. seides looks 50 years old. older slower chara on a bum knee.
good news is dougie amd morrow are plsying well.
also bart and miller seem to be improving.

krug doesnt impress me
hopefully mcquaid comes back strong. he was finally back to form when he got hurt.

OutspokenMinority*

i'm a big Dan Paille fan, but he's been hot garbage far too often this year. he always brings some physicality so that's welcome, but he's been worse with the puck this year than he's been in years. gathering it, controlling it, and especially passing it. he gives it away just about every single time.

liked what Pasta showed.Koko took a step back tonight. looked pretty lost.

Loui-Yeti-Looch could be one of the best lines in the league. it's the best line the Bruins have had since Savard was still playing. yes, obviously that means better than Looch-Krejci-Horton. yes. that's correct.

Marchand was 50/50. 50% aggressive creativity, 50% befuddled puck watching. to be expected.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

One of the best shifts of the game right there. Pasta Bergy and Marchand were speaking the same language. Yeah, I knew LSE would work. My only complaint is CJ waits, and waits, and.............waits, then gives them shift...wow 2 on 1 wow...back to old lines.....and waits, waits....and waits...he did it! No, no, coincidental end of a shift...and waits. Now, when DK is back, and he gets in a hole down the road (habs in PO), he KNOWS he has a plan b line that can work.

I'm w/ ya, GH. Trying to keep my fellow Bruins fan brethren from jumping off the cliff.

We didn't even have Chara around to punch Crosby in the face. And, you can't not factor that in. ^ -

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
i'm a big Dan Paille fan, but he's been hot garbage far too often this year. he always brings some physicality so that's welcome, but he's been worse with the puck this year than he's been in years. gathering it, controlling it, and especially passing it. he gives it away just about every single time.

Loui-Yeti-Looch could be one of the best lines in the league. it's the best line the Bruins have had since Savard was still playing. yes, obviously that means better than Looch-Krejci-Horton. yes. that's correct.

Marchand was 50/50. 50% aggressive creativity, 50% befuddled puck watching. to be expected.

Gagne is the problem on that line in my opinion,he doesn't have the speed to make any impact offensively.I think Paille is skating very well but is playing shorthanded.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

Your user name is fitting based on these observations.

You see 17-34-21 play 2 games and think they are better than 17-46-18 (Horton)? Really?

....and Marchand looked great, he was all over the ice. I did not think he looked bad at all.

But...YMMV......etc

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Your user name is fitting based on these observations.

You see 17-34-21 play 2 games and think they are better than 17-46-18 (Horton)? Really?

....and Marchand looked great, he was all over the ice. I did not think he looked bad at all.

But...YMMV......etc

As an interested observer, what did you think of that line? I really like it, short term if nothing else.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010

He played?? When??

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hamilton is playing big boy hockey tonight.

Just in from the game.

Dougie was icing his face (ice pack). Looked like he has a cold or sinus issue.

I don't get why that second "non-goal" wasn't counted.

The refs were bad ..yet again. That call on Bergy was lame.

Pastrnak was fun to watch but he wasn't on the ice enough.

Marchy looked great.

Looch , Yeti and Loui looked great. What is with Looch taking so many face-offs ?

All things considered the B's played well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00