Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Bolts 7:30 TSN, ROOT, NBCSN (AKA: The Return of Tang)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
I was just about to make this thread. Actual GDT should be up around 3.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What time is it?:

tumblr_m24ffvkHYh1rtqw0ko1_500.png

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I guess that's too bad. :laugh:

I don't think it is supposed to be a kids show though, so maybe you're just not mature enough.

:sarcasm:

Ha ha, my maturity has been an issue.....hmmmm :huh:

Thought it was a kids show bc multiple friends who have kids watch it, see the toys every where, but from the eps I've seen it doesn't seem like a kids show. Then again kids these days are goofy as heck so gotta play to your audience.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Ha ha, my maturity has been an issue.....hmmmm :huh:

Thought it was a kids show bc multiple friends who have kids watch it, see the toys every where, but from the eps I've seen it doesn't seem like a kids show. Then again kids these days are goofy as heck so gotta play to your audience.

Spongebob originally was not meant to be a kid's show. :)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm expecting a pretty dull game. We clinched our division and at least #2. Not much fuel to really bring the "A" game tonight. Tampa really doesn't have much either. Probably a sloppy game.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm expecting a pretty dull game. We clinched our division and at least #2. Not much fuel to really bring the "A" game tonight. Tampa really doesn't have much either. Probably a sloppy game.

As long as we can keep Stamkos off the score sheet and that Geno keeps playing the way he did last game, I'll be happy

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yeah, not expecting much from here on out. I think they'll probably go about .500 just on pure talent but mostly I think it'll be trying line combos and trying not to get injured/treading water until injured players start coming back.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, not expecting much from here on out. I think they'll probably go about .500 just on pure talent but mostly I think it'll be trying line combos and trying not to get injured/treading water until injured players start coming back.

No team wants to back into the playoffs. If you let bad habits creep into your game for two weeks, it will show in the playoffs. Sure, the team is bound to let up a little bit with the #2 spot locked up, that's human nature, but if you think that they (and HCDB) will be complacent and go .500 over the next two weeks, I think you're mistaken.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If our guys take the .500 attitude going into the playoffs, we're headed for another early exit (1st or 2nd round). They better be bringing the fire every night and playing like champs every night going into the big dance or things will go bad. You can't magically "flip the switch" and expect the team will go from "coasting" to "60 minutes of fury". If that happens, Bylsma deserves to lose his job. His job and the job of all those coaches is to have the team playing at a consistently high level of intensity the last several games before the playoffs, and carrying that intensity over. If not, doesn't say much about us.

Personally I don't expect that. I expect the intensity to be there these last few games, although for whatever reason we struggle against TB and FLA at times, regardless of when in the season. But on the whole we better be bringin' it, yo.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
No team wants to back into the playoffs. If you let bad habits creep into your game for two weeks, it will show in the playoffs. Sure, the team is bound to let up a little bit with the #2 spot locked up, that's human nature, but if you think that they (and HCDB) will be complacent and go .500 over the next two weeks, I think you're mistaken.

I don't know that it'll be entirely about letting up. They're missing quite a bit of firepower and it's messing with every line and D-pairing they have, pretty much. Plus they have four new players in the line-up. There are a lot of kinks to work out.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeap lose the game 8-0 for all I care as long as Stamkos is off the score sheet. They should have Glass just hang off his jersey all night and get him ejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad