Post-Game Talk: Pens/Blues: Stick-To-It-Ive-Ness

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
But man, what is Jake doing this year? The team also looks like they just can't handle physical play, which of course is a gigantic red flag for the postseason. Barbashev and Dumo as were mentioned above is probably one of the most visible moments, but there were just quite a few moments where it looked like we were avoiding any sort of physical play.

Also, if the Blues are giving us this much trouble, we're gonna be in for a rough road in Round 1.
Now, i don't know what cameras picked up... But the pens didn't appear toooo shy physically.

They were mostly on the receiving end, but, at already know they don't have much weight to throw around.

I didn't notice anyone pulling up exceedingly early and giving up the puck to avoid contact.

Jake is just so out of place. But. He did seem to be trying pretty hard on forecheck. He just never really got the damn puck, did shit with it, or got any good shots off. So i dunno wtf is up.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Now, i don't know what cameras picked up... But the pens didn't appear toooo shy physically.

They were mostly on the receiving end, but, at already know they don't have much weight to throw around.

I didn't notice anyone pulling up exceedingly early and giving up the puck to avoid contact.

Jake is just so out of place. But. He did seem to be trying pretty hard on forecheck. He just never really got the damn puck, did shit with it, or got any good shots off. So i dunno wtf is up.
Blias alone was going around and giving guys the business but ya we didn't shy away and Berube usually coaches physicality.

Blues arent a terrible team and yes they lost Tank and ROR but they still have Kyrou Thomas Buch Schenn Saad(who some people want here and I would want no part of) Parayko Leddy Krug etc so they aren't just going to roll over.

Part of playing the Blues is going to be unexciting with the way they are coached. Add to that a 3rd line that doesn't really bring anything and a team that is having issues these games aren't going to be pretty.

Get to the playoffs figure it out quick and ask any NHL vet it's a whole new season and anything can happen.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think the Blues are kind of a decent litmus test for what the playoffs are like, tbh. They're mean, they're heavy, and they don't really shy away from anything.

I guess it's more that we just look unprepared for a heavy forecheck, and as a smaller team, it's hard to be prepared for that. But that's the classic way to beat this club, it's what NYR was able to exploit last year, and it's true now, so I'd like to see us address that if at all possible for the next two seasons.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think the Blues are kind of a decent litmus test for what the playoffs are like, tbh. They're mean, they're heavy, and they don't really shy away from anything.

I guess it's more that we just look unprepared for a heavy forecheck, and as a smaller team, it's hard to be prepared for that. But that's the classic way to beat this club, it's what NYR was able to exploit last year, and it's true now, so I'd like to see us address that if at all possible for the next two seasons.
The Blues without O’Reilly and Tarasenko are a pretty piss poor litmus test. The Blues are a ton of points back from even a wildcard spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad