Post-Game Talk: Pens beat Rangers: Sid racking up more points

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This was a very good game. They really skated and finally showed some agressivness, defending and on forecheck. Keep Bemstrom for shootouts. Love No.3, he is legit RD third pair maybe second pair...
L1 was really good holding the puck but somehow 2 goals against again..

If this was the game 20 games ago, I would have been a believer
They had an entire month where they played like this. Jarry screwed the pooch in a bunch of those games so it never really reflected in the standings. But for a good while there, we had a top 3 goal differential in the division and weren't that far off the top teams in the league.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Frustrating that they can beat the Canes and Rags, but lose to the BJs. They really pissed this season away with a grotesque PP. There's other issues, absolutely, but that's the biggest glowing red orb.

Almost like a .... scoring top 6 threat/winger/c ... was (has been) a priority [even with Jake here]?

Imagine if Dufus made like 2 hockey moves this year. We're very likely in a playoff spot right now. 2 moves and a new coach? Firmly in the playoffs. Gross negligence the amount of - should I say LACK OF - work that guy did once the season started.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
With competent linemates and a decent PP. Sid could go ppg until 40yo or more. Dudes game isn't dependent on speed or even an insane sniping. He's just such a good passer and godly at deflections
His strength in the corners will keep him going for basically as long as he wants. There really isn’t anything to defend against it. Mcdavid would do well to try to emulate him in that aspect of the game, but its probably too late. Sid was already elite in the corners as a teenager.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Apparently everyone is sick lol

O'Connor is one of those guys who looks like he gives a damn, every game, and I like that.

But I like it a LOT more in the bottom 6. Was nice not seeing him end literally every Sid play tonight... Maybe he becomes a good middle 6er but he's far from a cemented top-6 NHLer and that's been a huge reflection of this teams biggest(?) personnel issue [not enough top 6 talent].

Also, way to go Bemstrom. Always happy to see the friggin call ups pot them.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
So Bem needs 4 more goals to cost us a 3rd rounder? hope he gets 3 more and that's it.
The broadcast team are already getting us ready for Jansen to come back into the lineup. Sully will probably administer the pain injections himself.

Reactions: Pens x

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Of course the Pens would manage an impressive win on April Fools' of all days. That Sullivan, a grade A joker!

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
So that’s our secret to winning! Illness! :)

Wasn’t expecting to win, and looking forward to maybe moving up in the draft….but man, beating the Rags is so worth it!

Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Schedule seems too brutal this month to string together the games required to get in.

But then again if they did it, that'd be crazy. And I'd enjoy it even if we got swept in the first round
The odds are absolutely against them.

But they just beat the No. 1 team in the NHL (by points, anyway) with apparently half the team sick.

This is a team capable of winning any game.

They're also capable of losing any game.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
but man, beating the Rags is so worth it!
Beating those jagoffs, in their barn, never gets old.

I want to win out because I hate losing to any of the teams left on our schedule and it's so much more fun winning. Win out and give SJ the pick this year.

1712027574124.png

I really hate losing within our division....so get 3 W's
TB - f*** that cheating organization and all their self entitled pricks of a fanbase.
TOR - Stick it up their asses like they do when the game is in Pittsburgh.
DET - I don't really have any hate for this team, but they are in our way.
BOS - Bunch of massholes.
NSH - f***ing hicks, their dumbass chants during the game and for erecting a Rinne statue.

Attachments

• 1712027165324.png
    1712027165324.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 2

akapidots

Jul 3, 2023
“I thought Ned competed hard”

No matter what happens, it is always the same quote
Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.