Post-Game Talk: Pens beat Rangers: Sid racking up more points

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This was a very good game. They really skated and finally showed some agressivness, defending and on forecheck. Keep Bemstrom for shootouts. Love No.3, he is legit RD third pair maybe second pair...
L1 was really good holding the puck but somehow 2 goals against again..

If this was the game 20 games ago, I would have been a believer

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
So if the Pens win their two games in hand on the Flyers they'd be three points out of a spot lol
Two points behind them, IF we win those two games. But there is also Detroit and Islanders. Islanders we have kinda under control, with the last game of the regular season being against them. IF we win the next two games, we are fully in this race, that´s the reality. But can´t imagine winning against New Jersey tomorrow on a B2B night. They are gonna skate circles around this tired team. Let´s see what happens tho, I will get some hope IF they beat the Devils, but have very little hope in that one. That´s where I am.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Five points back of the Caps, six points back of third place Philly.

It's entirely possible that with a win tomorrow and a win Thursday over the Caps, the Pens would be one point out with six games to go.
First of all, we ain’t beating NJ tomorrow lol…sick Jarry is playing, NJ has 3 days rest and we never beat them anyway…
Second, the Wings won too, as did the Isles, so we have to leap three teams in the WC race…come on, it’s over lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly I'd rather this team fight until the end and either barely miss or make the playoffs this year, just so they can give up their 1st this year and not worry about what will happen to the 1st next year.

The worst case scenario is them bottoming out and sucking this year, and deciding whether to give up a top-10 pick this year or risk the pick being even higher next year. Getting that pick to like 14th or 15th makes it a no brainer to give it to San Jose. Get that pick as close to 15th as possible so you're not in a position of "do we give up the 8th overall pick or risk next year's pick being higher?".

They could win out and still miss the playoffs.

If they win out, they're basically guaranteed to jump the Flyers in the standings.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nice to see Reilly Smith playing well.

One thing that I don't know that we've given Crosby enough credit for in his career, is how much he's torched this teams rivals throughout his career. Flyers, Caps, Islanders, Rangers - those are the teams he's really feasted on.

Those teams all are frauds and suck :)

First of all, we ain’t beating NJ tomorrow lol…sick Jarry is playing, NJ has 3 days rest and we never beat them anyway…
Second, the Wings won too, as did the Isles, so we have to leap three teams in the WC race…come on, it’s over lol

We play the Wings, Devils, Caps, and Isles to finish out the season. If the Penguins have balls and are the team they think they are there is a path however unlikely.

Reactions: Shady Machine

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Nice to see Reilly Smith playing well.

One thing that I don't know that we've given Crosby enough credit for in his career, is how much he's torched this teams rivals throughout his career. Flyers, Caps, Islanders, Rangers - those are the teams he's really feasted on.
I just took a gander at the Rags board, and this win - and your post - are especially tasty given how THRILLED they were when Trouba got the C almost entirely off concussing Sid. He's now getting dragged up one side and down the other on their board

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I just took a gander at the Rags board, and this win - and your post - are especially tasty given how THRILLED they were when Trouba got the C almost entirely off concussing Sid. He's now getting dragged up one side and down the other on their board

Yeah that was a strange move.

I guess it was part of trying to solidify the culture change after they felt they got embarrassed by Wilson's antics. But he was just never that great of a player, and him falling off like this isn't exactly shocking.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Midget Dance GIFs | Tenor

Did the thing, crushed the brah, time to rejoice with some glorious dancing Indian midget.

Reactions: farscape1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad