Post-Game Talk: Pens beat flyers 7-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think the gap is THAT big, but McDavid has a bit better offensive Acumen. Sid gets a decisive edge in overall play like say a Bergeron would, but in terms of scoring McDavid of the two has an edge. And yes I've followed both myself.
We can't know that for sure because Sid got robbed of his "peak years". When he got Steckle'd, he was literally pacing for the type of numbers McDavid is putting up. And he was doing it in a much, much lower scoring period of time than McDavid is.

So while sure McDavid gets credit for actually doing it and not just pacing for it, I think it's foolish to ignore the context and how it was just shitty luck that Sid's best coincided with when he had that career altering injury.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We can't know that for sure because Sid got robbed of his "peak years". When he got Steckle'd, he was literally pacing for the type of numbers McDavid is putting up. And he was doing it in a much, much lower scoring period of time than McDavid is.

So while sure McDavid gets credit for actually doing it and not just pacing for it, I think it's foolish to ignore the context and how it was just shitty luck that Sid's best coincided with when he had that career altering injury.
No question Sid was robbed of many good games in his prime! Would likely have 200 points or more by now. We'll never know but yes he got the short end there. Kinda like Mario was when compared with Gretzky, although Marios injuries and cancer battles were very brutal.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Of course I miss THIS one.

I see that despite a high scoring affair Malkin was a plus player and managed another primary assist. Was he really THAT miserable?

Beginning to wonder if he hits 20 this year, though. Dude needs a confidence boost. I don't think he should ever go up on the point again for either powerplay but SURELY any sane coaching staff would find a spot for him on the top unit somewhere else as opposed to Lars Eller, right?

He needs a player. While DOC is coming into his game it's great to see. Tweener wingers aren't going to help Geno at all. He needs a legit top 6 player that can compliment his game and help drive play.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He needs a player. While DOC is coming into his game it's great to see. Tweener wingers aren't going to help Geno at all. He needs a legit top 6 player that can compliment his game and help drive play.
Maybe Mitch Marner is available lol…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If Sid was healthy he's probably close to hitting 1800 points right now. Which is ridiculous given the era he played in.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

So in other words we should probably be content with him being a positive player in goal diff most nights while kicking in some points here and there because that ain't ever gonna happen.

EDIT: Also noticed he is near top of the league in takeaways (as usual) but his giveaways way down compared to past years. Not bad.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
A few thoughts...
- it seems Guentzel was our problem all along ;).
- was this 80s goalies night? Jarry turned into a pumpkin.
- Bemstrom went straight to the net. I give him 15 games before he gets Sullified and forgets how to do that.

I'm glad we won. Win streak...let's keep it going! :D

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Never noticed that but will look for that pattern.
Could point to that shoulder injury he had not being fully healed and why he doesn't play the puck as much as he used to.
Possibly, but I think it's a tracking speed and default blocker position problem, sorta like Murray's glove, but to a lesser extent.
I used to think 5-hole was his biggest weakness, but this season has changed my mind.
That's not to say I'm unsatisfied with Jarrs this year. He's .911. That's good for 12th among 41 goalies with 25+games.
Just an observation.

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad