Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss53mech

Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville NC
While I don't want to say that I don't care about the 2 points I am much more interested in this team playing the game they are capable of playing. If they play smart and simple hockey as a team the defense will be effective and the puck possession this team is capable of when playing that way will lead to offense. It's all circular really, play with your heads first and your legs don't have to work nearly so hard.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
It doesn't matter whose record is what, you know what you're getting when they play the Flyers.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
This is addressing the last few pages of the post game thread, but do some of you people not realize Bortuzzo is 6'4" and plays just as physical as Engelland? I mean there were some people who were saying they want to see Engelland play against tougher and slower teams. Really? For what reason exactly? Bortuzzo is a better version of Engelland in every way. He can do everything Engelland does yet he does it better.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It sucks that I will be at work when this game is on, but I hope Maatta is matched up against tough competition in this game and makes it an easy decision to keep him up on the big club.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully we slaughter those ********. However I hate to say this but I won't be surprised if we lose this one.

Something has to break, be it our early streak of luck...or their cyclone of suck.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is addressing the last few pages of the post game thread, but do some of you people not realize Bortuzzo is 6'4" and plays just as physical as Engelland? I mean there were some people who were saying they want to see Engelland play against tougher and slower teams. Really? For what reason exactly? Bortuzzo is a better version of Engelland in every way. He can do everything Engelland does yet he does it better.

Engelland should never play over Bort ever. Engo's only games should be a direct result of an injury. And it should be an injury that is too short term or happened too recently to call up Dumoulin or Despres.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Will be close but we should win.

Crosby can show again to Giroux who really is the best player in the world.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

While I agree, Bort is nowhere near the fighter that Engelland is. Bort is a much larger version of Craig Adams in that department.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bort may not be able to **** people up, but he responds to everyone when needed and that's bigger than actually fighting, IMO.

Why can't he? He's 6'4" and plays very physical. I see him ****ing people up all the time along the boards and in the corners. That's just such a dumb and incorrect thing to say.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
This is going to be a tough game to win i think. Philly is going to be fired up at home.. looking for something to turn their season around. The Pens have been coasting the last few games, definitely not playing their best hockey, but still winning. Injuries aren't helping either.

Maybe the Flyers energy wakes them up. Either way don't have a good feeling. Gonna be the Florida game all over again.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Why can't he? He's 6'4" and plays very physical. I see him ****ing people up all the time along the boards and in the corners. That's just such a dumb and incorrect thing to say.

Slow down tiger! I meant ****ing people up as in 'one punch knockout guys/own opposition in fights'.
If you read my post again, I think you can infer that I have no issues with Borts physicality. Indeed I have been arguing that he should be a starter on this team since early last season for very much that reason.

Last edited:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Bort may not be able to **** people up, but he responds to everyone when needed and that's bigger than actually fighting, IMO.

There aren't too many players that will want too much of Bortz during this year. I much rather have him fight instead of Craig Adams who only real talent in hockey is the ability to have things hit him (pucks & fists). Bortz is much tougher to play against because you don't score on him at will like they do with Engelland.

Did the Pens ever win a game because they won a fight? What is important in hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad