Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I´m already pumped for this. We need to crush them and make Holmgren crazy. They have 7 days without a hockey after this game.. So, if they lose this one, I can absolutely imagine that they would be furious through that span.

Mason, Emery

Timonen, Gustafsson
Grossman, Coburn
Streit, LSchenn

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl-BSchenn-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

..is their expected lineup. Looks like Letang should be back for us. Just win, please.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Jeffrey practiced with D'Agostini. Might be a healthy scratch tomorrow.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
All they need to do is get under the Pens skin and we're back to square one.

Lets pray they've learned their lesson and walk away from the after whistle stuff, and show they have built up the armor to avoid it all together.

2 points and a win is all that they should be focused on.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm going to miss half of it if I'm lucky... I hate Thursdays.

Going back to what they were doing in the first three games and not getting drawn into things would be ideal.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Neal and Letang are two of the pens who always lose there minds when they play Philly, probably not the worst thing in the world for them to miss this game.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
This is going to be a 7-2 loss and the subject of about 25 main board threads.

Book it.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
I will be really annoyed if the Pens let up and don't come out and royally crush these guys. The Pens cannot pack on enough hurt and domination on that team to make up for all the history (and those times it was the other way around). A sweep of the season series would be perfect this year. But it all starts with game 1#.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It would be nice to see an appearance from beast mode Malkin. It feels like we haven't seen it since 2012.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Pens have a way of making terrible Flyer teams look like superstars. Let's just hope emotions aren't out of control.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I hope we crush them, moreso than normal that is. That board would be a trainwreck with a week off and a 1-7 start.

Is Letang actually back tomorrow?

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
A victory would be absolutely amazing, especially given their long break afterwards.
However, a win against this Pens team might just be what they need to get their act together, which makes me nervous. Also, our past few performances against lesser competition are worrying me.

That said, here's to a complete meltdown by Mason that completely destroys his confidence.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It's going to be close, rivalry games typically are. The games were really tight last year too even though pens finished 1st and flyers 10th. Teams in this league are so close anyway that some extra fuel such as a rivalry can easily be the spark they need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad